jenny's belly

Monday, July 25, 2005

The Big C

In general, I have not carried a bullhorn around announcing that I've had medical issues. Some know I've been very, very tired.

I have excellent doctors and they did not leave my diagnosis at sleep apnea and anemia. They continued their review, to find out why I might be anemic. I am pleased to say they did discover a cause, though I am put in a situation I never thought I would have to deal with.

I have been diagnosed with stomach cancer. I do not know what stage, nor will I know until the surgeons open me up to remove it, but it is relatively slow-moving as shown by a biopsy. I believe from what they will tell me that lymph nodes are involved. They can't tell me this for certain, but the way these "things" are grouped is "typical" of lymph nodes.

Lymph nodes group?! I have a lot of reading to do!

I want people to know about this. I don't have the plague so you won't catch it. I don't have a VD so I'm not ashamed to talk about it. I ask that now that you know, you please pray for me.

I'm a quietly religious person who has witnessed amazing things since I learned of this on friday. I have seen ridiculous coincidences, and I have felt that when alone in a room for a few minutes to think, that I am not alone in the room.

Not that there is a person in the room, but rather a voice in my head with ideas and thoughts somewhat outside of my own. I can't quite explain it without sounding like a nutcase, but I want you to know that right now I'm in no pain, and on no medication. I'm surrounded with my family, including my brother, who was long scheduled to be home from post-Iraq lockdown saturday morning (coincidence?!). I am the same person I was when I woke up friday morning, just a bit changed.

I appreciate straight-forward "I'm thinking of you" and would like you to tell others in a matter-of-fact way as I have told you. No whispering like we're sneaking notes in school, okay?

:)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home