jenny's belly

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Pre-Op

I finished the pre-op yesterday for the surgery. Which is funny when you think about it because I don't know for certain when the surgery will be or who will be doing it or WHAT the surgery will be.

I just know it's been scheduled and stuff is coming out. :)

The nurse was explaining to me that I need to start practicing specific breathing exercises and I'll have an epidural along with other anesthesia. My question is, will the father of the cancer be there too?

I guess Dr. Vernon booked me for surgery due to Gastric cancer with esophagatis so there is just enough info for pre-op. I had some chest x-rays taken ("We always do that with cancer patients, you'll probably have one a year from now on") and blood drawn ("Do you see this beautiful day? You make sure to ask the man upstairs to be good to your doctors"). Wait, I have to worry about my doctors now?

Yesterday I admitted to my surgeon that everything I ever get on my body from now until death I will be convinced is due to cancer. Like I know I bit my tongue a few days ago and it left a boo-boo but I can't help thinking- cancer. I know it isn't, but there's a tiny thought that can't be squashed...

In any case, at least that's one more thing out of the way. I've got three appointments this coming week. I know the post time is 12:37 am, but I actually just woke up. I went to bed at 6pm. And I'll be going back to bed soon. I am so unreasonably tired. But that's sleep apnea and anxiety, not cancer. Right? RIGHT?! :)

3 comment(s):

Just dropped by....

Wising u a speedy & painless recovery!!

By Blogger Arun R, at 7/30/2005 1:04 AM  

I think I've been away from church too long. It took me awhile to figure out who the guy upstairs was. I thought maybe you were getting a coed room! Hah! You wish!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2005 2:45 AM  

You don't need to bother answering our stupid questions any more after this.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/30/2005 7:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home