jenny's belly

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hello Clear Liquids!

I had one of those amazing salads at Chili's for dinner tonight. It was so good. That's the last of the solid food for awhile! But tomorrow's menu is spectacular: chicken broth, water, apple juice, jello... and my Aunt Jo said sherbet is a "clear liquid" so that's on the list. Or maybe she said it's a soft food. Anyway, I'm going to have some.

There are four pills I have to take "at bedtime" tonight. Which is dumb. They should have been more specific. My bedtime is anytime. I woke up at 7:30 this morning, took at nap at 10:30am, woke up at 4pm, and now it's 12:45am. I'm not 100% certain what day this is.

Oh, here's my hospital:

I'll be there from monday until at least the following monday, August 22. Which, I'd like to point out, will be precisely ONE MONTH from diagnosis. I can't believe as of now it's only been 3 weeks. It has felt like 6 months. Sometimes I even feel like I've always had cancer.

I love the cards I've been getting. I'm so happy that three of the four best friends I've ever had have been in touch with me: Pam E, Tina L, and Lisa H (Becky C where the heck are you?). All of my friends have been wonderfully supportive, with cards and hugs, and my family has been amazing. Not only my parents, but my HUGE LOVING FAMILY! I feel so undeserving but appreciate it all very sincerely.

Tomorrow will be a very, very low-key day. I have to start taking meds tonight, as I mentioned, and have a lot more to take tomorrow, all in prep for the surgery.
I'll probably post again tomorrow night.

Incidentally, I turned off my CPAP machine last night because I thought it was near morning. I remember doing this! And thinking back, I'd say it was probably about 11:30pm. Sure, it was near morning in the grand scheme of things.... :) I have to not do that again.

5 comment(s):

Actually, that's a picture of the ENTRANCE to the hospital, not a picture of the whole hospital.
I just like to clarify these things. :)

By Blogger Jen, at 8/14/2005 1:14 AM  

Jen, We haven't actually met *YET*, but Dr. Crazy says that we are sisters separated at birth. That said, please know that you are in my thoughts. I love the humor that you carry with you...that alone promises speedy and whole healing. You have an entire family in Ohio standing behind you in this. Since you haven't met the crazy Murphys (just ask Lisa or her mom), that should be comforting to you... ;-) ~Carrie Murphy

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/14/2005 11:50 AM  

Hey, my name's not Anonymous! It's Dan writing one last pre-surgery time to remind you that we're all pulling for you.

Now I keep trying to think of one last bit of advice that will dazzle you with its wisdom. At this point, though, you're as ready as you'll ever be, so I think I'll just quote the immortal words of the Taco Bell Dog...

"Let's do this thing."

Wonder Twin Powers...activate!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/14/2005 6:14 PM  

Dan- Form of... a quilt! :)

By Blogger Jen, at 8/14/2005 7:14 PM  

Shape of ... a friend who knows what you're going through and wishes he could do more to help. Sounds like you've got some wonderful friends and family, though, and that, plus as positive an attitude as you can muster, is a heck of a lot.

I can't wait for the first time we get a message from you on this site, post Monday. A cheer will go up from all of us!

See you on the other side of tomorrow....

D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/14/2005 9:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home