jenny's belly

Friday, February 15, 2008

Mmm vitamins

So I've got a cool new life-long thing to look forward to, thanks to my crap stomach: monthly vitamin B-12 shots. Poor belly can't figure out how to process food correctly. :) As you can imagine, shots are NOTHING to me, but its annoying that I have to get them from my PCP who is in the office for 5 minutes every other year. Or so it seems. Wish I could get them at Dana Farber. It would make my life SOOO much easier. Sigh. And why do they have to be from my PCP and not a nurse? Can't figure out why this is such a controlled substance. Even Roger Clemens was getting them from a doctor and not his trainer, who seemingly gave him everything else under the sun... oh well. I'm psyched because it should be giving me more energy. Yay! Got my first shot yesterday, so far so good. Not exactly brimming with energy but its been an exhausting week. Frankly, glad its a shot though, because I'm very anti-pill. Should be taking 1000 different things, NOT TAKING ANY OF THEM. Okay, one of them. I'm in misery without protonix (gets rid of acid in stomach) though I take it every other day and should be taking it twice a day. But beriously, I think if I was supposed to be taking a cancer-prevention pill (no, this doesn't exist), I wouldn't do it. HATE HATE HATE pills. You'd be that way too if you were in my shoes. Trust me. I have a pill basket AND a pill-filled shoebox, and if it doesn't make me outright sick, it likely makes me feel crappy. Hey, just like food! I wonder if I would take the Jetson's-style food pill. Probably not. ;)

Oh, back feeling MUCH better. Chiropractor works!

1 comment(s):

Hey Jen!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the B-12 shots help a lot with your energy, and that you're able to catch your PCP for the 5 minutes she's in the office each month. Yikes. Why on earth would that be such a controlled substance? I mean, they send people home with prescriptions for narcotics, why would they be guarding this so carefully? Weird.

Hey, if you and Roger are taking the same stuff, does that mean we'll see you pitching for the Sox soon? :-)

~ Lis

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/18/2008 12:47 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home