jenny's belly

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Doing okay

Ugh, I fell off the earth again. Sorry. See, I spend all day on a computer at work, the idea of going on the computer again at night is just not appealing. I had a bad day but over all I'd say I'm doing quite well. I've been getting weekly procrit shots to stimulate my bone marrow into red blood cell production and I've been getting weekly IV transfusions of iron. Today was the third one. I'm almost in the range of normal! Its taken over a year but I'm almost there. :) I think my basic problem now is us dealing with my miserable stomach. As I said, we didn't have a good day today, but I'm find I have to sit it out and can't leave work just because I feel awful for a few hours.
I know I'm doing better because I'm starting to find interest in things, like my beloved cooking classes. I can't take them yet, but I'm thinking about it, and planning that maybe in a few more months I'll be able to go back. And maybe I can take some adult education classes. I can't do anything after work yet, including work (I leave right at 5) but eventually I'll be able to do things. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I have another CT scan coming up in a couple of weeks. I might not be as convinced that THIS TIME its going to come back positive. I'm beginning to relax a little. Which isnt to say that I don't believe I'll get cancer again. I still believe it. But maybe it won't be THIS month. Maybe I don't have it NOW.
You know what? It doesn't feel like my life is as much ON HOLD as it has been. I feel more like part of the working community, even as I still feel 100% at home at Dana Farber. And I know I don't do well at work on the days I go to Dana Farber because everything is so inconsequential to me. But I should be okay tomorrow. After all, it'll be friday.

2 comment(s):

Hi Jen,

I'm glad to see things a bit more on the upswing!

I don't know if you've been to the gym lately but I was there yesterday and saw a note that, when I read it, I knew I had to pass on to you.

On the 15 part list on one of the machinges of things to do to avoid injury "or even death" as the note says, is the following:

"7. Breath Normally!"

I love the exclamation point.

BREATH NORMALLY OR YOU MAY DIE!!!!!

...just cracked me up, man....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/16/2006 12:29 PM  

Hey Jen, glad to hear that you are doing okay! My dad just had back surgery and while he recovers we are watching my parents very spoiled chocolate lab, "Mona". Her dog bed came with her but she has yet to spend a night on it in the few weeks she has been with us. . . she seems to prefer snuggling up at the foot of a child's bed. Who could blame her?

Other than that, things are status quo in old NH. The leaves are changing and it is beautiful as it is all over New England; so try to enjoy the beauty of the fall.

Thinking of you~ Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/17/2006 7:34 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home