jenny's belly

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Physically stronger

I went to my brother's Ranger graduation over the weekend, and it was probably the busiest I've been in a year. On Thursday I worked half the day, got myself to the airport, sat next to a guy who wouldn't stop talking so I couldn't sleep, had a connecting flight (which I missed), had a complete freak sitting next to me so I wouldn't dare sleep, and got into Atlanta at 9:30. And then I had to rent a car and drive 100 miles to the hotel west of no-one-goes-there-Georgia. But I did it!
I feel like I really accomplished something too. I need to prove to myself sometimes that I'm okay. I can do these things which I used to take for granted but now seem almost impossible.
While I'm mentally still off, I really think physically I can handle things. My body amazed me during cancer treatment with its ability to put up with more than my brain thought we could deal with... and its surprising me again by having actually paid attention to my physical therapy and gym visits by getting stronger! Now if only my brain would wake up...

2 comment(s):

Flying to GA and then driving to 'west of nowhere' (100 miles no less!) is a HUGE accomplishment. I know plenty of folks with all cylinders pumping who could not have pulled that off. Please stop being hard on yourself - easy for us all to say, but you are doing a FANTASTIC job and will continue to get better. FYI - Although I am glad that you are back to work, I miss your almost daily blog postings. You are now too busy to blog...(smile!) And hats off (or should I say berets off) to your brother.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/03/2006 11:29 AM  

Good for you Jen. I agree with desiree and lisa, your trip sounds exhausting for anyone.
It's all coming back . . some things sooner than others.
Tell your body to keep it up.

Thinking of you,

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/05/2006 11:30 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home