jenny's belly

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Magnesium Citrate

I'm drinking delicious (yeah right) Magnesium Citrate in order to prepare for tomorrow's endoscopy/colonoscopy. This stuff is somehow more lemony than a lemon. And its a little effervesent, which I could do without.
I had the pre-op appointment this morning, which was no big deal. I probably had five of them last year, so I knew exactly what they were going to ask me (full medical history). I have the procedure tomorrow at 1pm, and it should be no big deal since I'll be KNOCKED OUT. I won't have results for two more weeks, but I suppose if they REALLY find something, they'll call.
I'm preparing myself mentally to go back to work a week from friday. I still have a bit of chemobrain and one doctor explained to me that it may last about a year (!!!). I improve by leaps and bounds each month, but I can tell I'm just not 100% yet.
I'm tired as can be after the appointment and mowing the lawn, then I had to go buy this citrate stuff. Maybe its not such a great idea to drink it right before a nap, but that's the plan! I'm on all clear liquids today too. I should have been yesterday but I goofed at every meal. I had chicken noodle soup for lunch today, which I probably shouldn't have had-- plain broth would have been more appropriate. But I'm ready with jello for dinner and I'm trying to drink a lot so hopefully everything will be fine.
I went swimming this weekend while in Wisconsin for a wedding-- it really hurt my stomach. That or my bathingsuit hurt (it's new). One of the two made me feel pretty ill. I hope this doesn't mean I can't swim, you know. I didn't really SWIM either, I just kind of bobbed around in the water. But the water pressure seemed to get to me.
Oh, I always make fun of Wis. TV news, and I saw this on sunday night: "The Emergency Agencies have announced an AMBER alert for monday morning from 7:20 to 7:33 for the following counties..." Just exactly how do you predict an Amber alert for the following morning? Sounds like someone is fixin' to do a kidnapping....

2 comment(s):

Amber alert...I can see that you are still a nut!! Good luck tomorrow. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/31/2006 4:26 PM  

Hey Jen! Mag citrate-Yum! I personally think it is slightly better over ice. . . Hope all your testing went well and that you enjoy the coming weekend despite the rain. (We were just drying out up here from the floods. It may be time to start building the ark. . . ) Thinking of you! Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/02/2006 4:40 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home