jenny's belly

Friday, March 31, 2006

Survivors Weekend

I have my young adult cancer survivors weekend starting this evening. I'm a little nervous about it, being with complete strangers, but I'm going to do it anyway. Its nice to know pre-cancer Jen would never, never have gone. Post-cancer Jen does't want to go, but can and will. :)

Sunday morning mom and I leave for our cruise. Its been such a trial to get it arranged I'm not even very excited about it. My expectations are quite low so basically anything will impress me at this point.

I had physical therapy again this morning and once I told the trainer I was still sore from two days ago, he went easy on me. My regular PT Judy was making me do reps in the space of 2-3 minutes. My stand-in Chad had me do 10-15 reps. THAT I can do. Except a hip thing where I couldn't get to 10 without pausing to catch my breath. Again with the fifteen pounds, too! I must say the machine I'm on is nothing like one found in a gym. But if it was in a gym it would be covered in cobwebs. One workout on this thing is plenty to convince you not to do it again.

I took a four hour nap today and I'm still tired. Have I mentioned I have to share a hotel room with a stranger for two days? Yeah, like I'm going to sleep. The good news, or maybe bad news, is that they've roomed me with another bad sleeper. SHE doesn't sleep until 5am. I wake up at 3:00 and go back to sleep at about 7:00. It will be like playing tag: "Okay, I'm awake for my shift, you can hit the hay."

2 comment(s):

Hi Jen! Well I am glad that you and your mom get to go on your cruise afterall. Hey, with low expectations just about anything could seem great! I am sure that you will have a good time; it will be so nice for you and your mom to get away!

(Thanks for thinking of the kids; everyone is fine. We just had one of those crazy weeks when everything happens at once! Alex ran into the car door requiring 5 stitches in his head on Thurs., earlier in the week he fell and hit his mouth, Matthew had his braces put on Thurs. then lost a bracket on Fri. and on Sat.; Oh and Alex woke up with an ear infection on Friday morning. Thank goodness Kathleen had an uneventful week; the boys were time consuming enough!)

This week has been much better! The darkest hour is always just before dawn. Take care; hope you have a great time on your retreat. I am so impressed that you are able to take advantage of this opportunity. Love, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/01/2006 9:17 AM  

I think it is great that you went..something that I would very much like to do at some point. :)

By Blogger Kelli, at 4/16/2006 9:32 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home