jenny's belly

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Random Thoughts

I don't have a whole lot to write about, just some little things. I was incredibly touched to learn my cousin Alexandra is participating in a "Relay for Life" with her college hockey team and proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. And she's playing in my name. How sweet is that!! I wish I had a link to her site, maybe my Aunt Jeanne will post it?

On a somewhat related note, my very good friend Lisa B is participating in the March of Dimes in memory of her daughter Lauren. I hope you'll visit her website at www.walkamerica.org/LisaBradbury to learn more about premature birth and how you can help support the March of Dimes.

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and my CT scan is next week. I'm not nervous about the scan, I'm nervous about the RESULTS. I'm trying not to think of it much. I know if the results aren't good, I can keep going on this journey. In the meantime its nice to be able to eat when I'm supposed to (every 2 hrs) without it being a struggle and a chore. I'm not sleeping well at night, but assume its just temporary. I'm sooo tired still. zzzzz

I'm very upset today about Dana Reeve's death (Christopher Reeve's widow). She was diagnosed with lung cancer about the same time I was diagnosed with stomach cancer. Hers was found by a fluke like mine, and also like me, her cancer had been there about a year. I'm just so shocked by her death since I'd felt a bit of kinship with her. I'm convinced that the cancer didn't kill her, but the chemotherapy did. You truly have to be strong enough to fight the poison.

I learned how to do the sudoku puzzles that seem to be a big deal now. I actually prefer them to the search-a-word I'd been doing. If I may be blunt, I now SUCK at search-a-word. All you have to do is find and circle the word, and I can't do it anymore. My mother took my book and pen away last night because I was bitching so loudly about how crap I was at it. A six-year-old could kick my butt. Stupid brain!

3 comment(s):

Jenn: Thanks so much for the post about my walk. This walk represents so much to me --- a way to honor Lauren, a (literal) step towards healing, and a positive way to help other families so that they can be spared the heartbreak that my husband and I experienced.

It's hard to believe that I have exceeded 50% of my goal and only two full business days have passed since I sent the first email requesting sponsorship for the March of Dimes Walk. The official tally as of right now is $1,300; this includes all donations received via credit card or PayPal and any cash or check donations that I have received. An additional $420 has been pledged through checks - this amount will be added to the official total once it is received.

The response has been overwhelming, and I deeply appreciate everyone's generosity. Please help me exceed my goal!

Also, I am shocked about Dana Reeve's death. I did not know of it until I read your posting. So sad...and their poor child...

Good luck on your results and keep us posted.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/08/2006 11:59 AM  

Hi Jen,

I like the whole "Random Thoughts" concept. Where did you get that from? :-)

Sorry, I figure you're doing better so you're up for some needling (ooooh, poor word choice!) Wow, I'm in a very silly mood today...

Fact is, I'm just really happy you're done with all the treatments for now and hopefully for good. I know what the worry is like before tests (oh goodness, do I know!)but speaking only about this moment in time, you can breathe a little easier since, at least for the next couple days, there is absolutely nothing you can do and nothing you need to do but wait and enjoy the possibility that treatments may behind you for good.

I just read over my message so far and I'm not sure it's my most eloquent. Still, hopefully you can sift through the garbled syntax and make out roughly what I'm trying to say...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/09/2006 11:02 AM  

I just wanted to let you know that I am still following your blog and it inspires me. I go for a colonoscopy and endoscopy on the 20th, please say a prayer for me.

I am also into sudoku (spelled right?) and cannot do a crossword puzzle anymore to save my life - it has to be sudoku for now...

May God continue to bless you!

By Blogger Lynna Kay, at 3/14/2006 11:57 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home