jenny's belly

Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Last Day

I had my last, last, very last day of chemotherapy today!

The nurse gave me a cake and a bottle of sparkling grape juice to celebrate. My mom suggested going to my favorite tea room on the cape, and I had just enough energy to do it. It was so nice to be among normal people, just out for a nice lunch.

I'm feeling okay now, waiting for the chemo's effects to start kicking in this week (it seems to be cumulative). My blood was so bad they actually lowered the amount of chemo I've received this past week compared to earlier times. So hopefully I won't be as sick.

I have my CT Scan scheduled for March 15. I'll be going in each week for my regular doctor's appointments, but that scan is a big one... it will cross-my-fingers show that the cancer is GONE. Now I'm under the impression the cancer was removed during surgery in August. I think if cancer shows up on the scan I'll fall into the fetal position on the floor. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. For now...

HAPPY LAST CHEMO DAY! YIPEE!!!! :)

10 comment(s):

Congrats! I know EXACTLY how you feel. :) Go out, celebrate, as much as you can. You deserve it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2006 1:33 AM  

Excellent news Jen! Congratulations! Now you can rest up and look ahead to spring and to your health. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Thinking of you, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2006 7:21 AM  

Congratulations Jen! That's wonderful.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2006 8:35 AM  

Congratulations, Jen, for getting through this ordeal with grace and humor. No more chemo! Yay!

Terri

By Blogger Terri Kennedy, at 2/20/2006 2:47 PM  

Congrats! You definitely deserve to celebrate! I think I would have gone for a big glass of wine instead of tea though! Looking forward to hearing great news on March 15th!
Love you,
Jeanne

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/20/2006 9:16 PM  

Congratulations, Jenny! I am so happy for you. Get through this week knowing that this is behind you and many, many, many more teas on the cape are in store...and so much more!

By Blogger Unknown, at 2/21/2006 4:07 AM  

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep, that about sums it up. ;o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2006 8:03 AM  

Just want to echo all the other Jennewies and say...

CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!CONGRATULATIONS!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/21/2006 9:35 AM  

Yay, Jen that's wonderful. You did it! Stay strong, hopefully the days that ie ahead will be brighter.

Sarah

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/22/2006 7:52 PM  

[...] Jenny of Jenny's Belly celebrates the end of her chemotherapy with her post "Last Day." [...]

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 2:18 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home