jenny's belly

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Another Phase Behind Me

I finished my Cycle 4 chemotherapy on sunday (yay!) and had a follow-up appointment with my nurse yesterday. I'm anemic again, although not too bad. Both white and red blood counts are down, but it's not like they don't know WHY. They gave me a shot of the competitor drug to Procrit. Maybe you've seen their terrible commercials: "I'm ready for my chemotherapy" they say cheerfully. I hate those people.

My uncle Jack sent me the coolest bouquet of flowers yesterday. Isn't it great?

Anyway, I'm doing well. My next chemo starts February 15, and I just have to visit my doctor weekly until then. I think they'll continue to give me the shot, which I just have to deal with. I'm glad there's a reason for me being so tired!

I hope all is well with you, and as always, thank you for your prayers and kind words. They mean the world to me!!

4 comment(s):

Dear Uncle Jack,
Thank you for the beautiful flower arrangement. Next, would you mind sending a blender and the ingredients to make the REAL THING? I could use a drink after everything I've been through!!

Jen - glad to know that you are feeling better and that the end is in sight!! You should get out the travel brochures and start dreaming of a warm, sunny getaway. Honest, you really should plan something after the chemo is all said & done and you deserve it!!! You have been much stronger than I could ever be and I look up to you for that.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2006 4:39 PM  

Jen - I am so glad to hear that cycle 4 is over and that you feel better this time around. Now you can "relax" and rest up before the next chapter of this saga begins. You continue to amaze us all! That is the coolest flower arrangement - Cheers! Love, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/24/2006 5:08 PM  

That flower arrangement ROCKS Jen--how cool. Uncle Jack has great taste!
I'm with Desiree...start dreaming of warm, sunny places. We should plan a trip to celebrate when this is all done and you are feeling much better. A cruise maybe?? Hmmmm, wish I could get on the boat right now.
Glad this round is over and you are feeling 'ok'. As everyone else always tells you, you truly are in inspiration.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/25/2006 6:20 AM  

Oh I wish I was on a cruise now! The warm air and the blue water...

By Blogger Jen, at 1/26/2006 10:48 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home