jenny's belly

Monday, January 02, 2006

Goodbye 05

I'm very glad to see 2005 go. All I remember about it is getting a new job and then finding out I had cancer. It wasn't a banner year.

I'm feeling okay today if a little lost. Dr. Crazy was visiting but went home yesterday, as did my brother. His financee left this morning. So the house is quiet and I have nothing I *have* to do like I did before Christmas (make cookies, wrap presents, etc etc). I have to write my thank you cards still but I hope to get those done and out of the way today.

Naptime is still important but I discovered I really can go all day without one. I took several naps on NYE and was able to stay up to midnight to kick the old year out.

I'm definitely eating better and more often, which is a very good thing. I probably can eat three times a day now, or pretty close to it. I can actually eat a bagel in one sitting. I'm completely amazed my stomach can hold that much food, but it can! But, if I eat a bagel I'm full for the rest of the day.

I have the energy to make my own meals again--finally. I don't do anything fancy, but can cook soup or make a grilled cheese sandwich... But I don't have energy to do anything requiring a lot of energy. I should clean up my parents' office because I've slowly turned it into a bomb site but I just *can't*. And I can do cross stitch for a little while but I still can't read a book (what's up with that?).

Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful end of 2005 and I wish you a happy new year!

6 comment(s):

Happy New Year Jen!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2006 9:42 AM  

I wish you good health in the new year.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2006 2:36 PM  

2006 will definitely be better!!!
Happy New Year, Jen!
Love ya,
Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Bob

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/03/2006 7:33 PM  

Goodbye and good riddance to '05...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2006 12:25 PM  

Happy New Year Jen! Here's to a wonderful, healthy new year; a fresh start. Hope your visit with Lisa (a.k.a. Dr. Crazy) was fun. I pictured you all laughing, smiling and having a good time; I hope you did. Take care Jen! Love, Kelly B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/05/2006 9:54 AM  

Here's to a great 2006! Happy New Year Jen! (and to Lisa, Tina, and Kelly! - hope you all are doing weell)
Love, Becky

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/05/2006 12:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home