jenny's belly

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Getting Used to "it"

My body did a terrible thing to itself. It got used to radiation and chemotherapy. And now it's missing them. I am serious-- I threw up GINGER ALE yesterday. I didn't even think that was possible.

I was doing well my last week of rad/chemo. I felt upbeat and relatively well. My radiation oncologist was very pleased and told me some people genuinely do get used to the abuse. He allowed me to go into the hospital yesterday (saturday) for my last radiation appointment and so they also took the chemo pump off me. I can't say that I *miss* it but I haven't completely gotten used to having it gone yet. Since it was attached to me it was hard not to think of it constantly.

I feel so weak. Drugged though I'm not. I slept 13 hours overnight, had a 3 hour nap... and I'm really tired.

I'm not sure how I'm going to wrap christmas presents. There are a handful going out in the mail to Wisconsin tomorrow and I haven't a prayer. My mom already said she'd wrap them for me. If christmas was tomorrow everyone would have "CVS" and "Target" white plastic shopping bags for wrapping. :)

I just shut my eyes for a few minutes. zzzzz. Great news, I have to go to Dana Farber tomorrow. It's just to see my oncologist though. And I'm getting more fluids. Because at 3:00pm my mother asked me when was the last time I went to the bathroom. And I said "yesterday". So I'm a little dehydrated maybe.

Anyway, I've got a nice week ahead of me. Quiet. No more appointments after tomorrow. Plenty of time to watch all those fun christmas movies and just rest up. If the nausea goes away it would be a huge bonus. I'm sick to death of throwing up!

4 comment(s):

Oh sweetheart,
I BET you are...
Time to just rest and let your body get over the abuse it has had...
Thinking of you, and as always,
I love reading your blog..

Minerva

By Blogger Minerva, at 12/18/2005 9:41 PM  

Jen,
I'm so glad you are done with the treatments and have some time to rest and get strong again.

While I'm not going to be sending any Christmas cards this year, please know that I am wish you a very Merry Christmas and a New Year filled with health, peace and happiness.

Love, Lisa

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2005 8:16 AM  

Sounds like it is time for TNT's 24-hour marathon of 'A Christmas Story'!! I double-dog dare you to get plenty of rest this week and don't worry about wrapping and trying to get those last minute gifts in the mail. Your gift to us all is your continued good health! New Year's Resolution #1: No looking back, only forward...

(p.s. I'm with Lisa B - No X-Mas cards this year, but I send you, Bodo, and your family many Christmas blessings.)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2005 9:41 AM  

Now is the time to EXHALE and let your body rest and rejuvenate. Concentrate on THAT and nothing else, but having a wonderful CHRISTMAS too! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/19/2005 12:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home