jenny's belly

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Turkey Day

I'm feeling better today. The house smells like cranberry and pumpkin bread. Yummy!

I think its the new medicine. That and the pump being gone. The pyschological concept of a drug-free day is definitely helping. It's not perfect, but I'm wandering around and more active. I made dinner last night. Sure it was a refrigerated pizza I just topped with mushrooms and tossed in the oven, but *still*. I couldn't raise enough energy to make my own jello last week.

I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and about ready to make a pumpkin-cream cheese roll for dessert. I'll share the recipe if it comes out good. :)

I'm glad I'll feel okay when family comes to visit! Aunt El is here already, but my grandparents, Aunt Karen and cousin Jon will arrive later. The sun is coming out right now, and it snowed this morning. It kind of makes me think of how the chemo has been... sun is coming out. :)

6 comment(s):

Happy Thanksgiving, Jenny! I hopeyou enjoy a wonderful day with family, food you can comfortably eat, and the joy of being able to experience it all today. All the best to you!

By Blogger Unknown, at 11/24/2005 12:05 PM  

Hi Jen,

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and enjoyed the company of your family.
I'm glad you have a few days' rest before your treatment starts again.

Best wishes to you and your family!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/25/2005 10:02 AM  

I called yesterday and left a message on your mom's cell phone (The only number I had with me at the Cape). Hope your Thanksgiving was great! And yes it is a "brown" holiday! One holiday your Uncle Bob doesn't enjoy at all - too cold. He hates winter and everything about it! Glad to hear you have a few days off! Dont'forget, call us when you need anything! See you on the 14th! Talk to you soon! Love Ya!!
Jeanne

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/25/2005 5:14 PM  

Hi Jen! Glad to hear you were granted a little reprieve, a "mini-va" from chemo. I hope you all had a wonderful day. It was so beautiful out in the afternoon! We left and returned to 4 inches of lovely snow- it is so pretty- but the day was sunny and mild in Mansfield.

Still thinking of you all. We're off the play in the snow! Love, Kelly B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2005 8:18 AM  

hi - just found your blog - sobbering to be honest.

My mum has been diagnosed with stomach cancer and here finding out what is going on isn't that easy.

Apparently its pretty advanced - not sure what to think ... apart from acute depression.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/29/2005 5:04 PM  

Hi Jen,

I'm back! My new e-mail address (in super secret code so no one else will know) is made up of my first initial (that would be "d")then my last name, then @, then cititstreetonline.com.

Keep hangin' in there, wonder twin!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/30/2005 9:31 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home