jenny's belly

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Phase II

So I'm off and running on phase two of my five phases. The next phase (three) is my favorite, because it's a month-long break. :)

My blood levels were fantastic on monday and they hooked me up to my chemo pump. It goes everywhere I do. It doesn't hurt, I can't feel the needle in my chest though I know it's there. I press on it occasionally to make sure it hasn't come loose and all seems fine. The pump makes a whirly sound every so often. I'm sure I'll get bored at some point over the next few weeks and I'll time out exactly how frequent the whirly sound repeats. The bag of chemo says 98 ml but I'm not sure if that's per day or total. I didn't pay enough attention yesterday to what the numbers said. All I know is it's running.

Radiation was no problem. I lie flat, which for me is not easy (mmm reflux) and a giant sphere hovers magically over me, beeeeeeeps, then it rotates to my left like the setting sun. Beeeeeeeeeep again. Another rotation underneath the table I'm on, and a final beeeeeep. Once I'm in the room it's all of five minutes. Waiting for my turn takes a bit longer.

It's day two today and I'm taking some of my anti-nausea meds to be on the safe side. They make me really tired. So I'm leaving for my appointments about 10:30am, and when I get home, I take a 4 hour nap, have dinner, and then go to bed early. It's no wonder I didn't get to post yesterday, I was only awake for three minutes. :) But then yesterday was the long day. I was in the hospital a little before 8am. As long as I don't need fluids I'll be much better off.

I only have mild nausea, which is good. It's often hard to tell why. Is it the drugs? Something I ate? Am I thinking about it, therefore feeling it?

I'm just glad to have the show on the road. Speaking of road, thanks a billion times over to everyone who has volunteered to drive me into the hospitals. I think I have coverage now for all my appointments, but I'm so thankful for the generosity of so many. I love you guys!

2 comment(s):

I could tell you were smiling while typing that post. I'm glad Monday went well and here's to Phase III! And I hope you can have some turkey and all the fixings next week. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 8:42 AM  

Jen,

I got your message. I'll plan to arrive tomorrow at 10, just in case traffic is an issue. Glad to hear it is going smoothly so far. Here's hoping it continues on this path!

Kath

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 8:43 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home