jenny's belly

Friday, November 04, 2005

Afraid of Delays

I found out from my radiation oncologist that if my white blood cells aren't up above 1000 (huh?! what does that even mean?) then chemo and radiation will be delayed a week. NOT good news. I don't want to be delayed, I want to feel good around christmas.

Now I'm just paranoid of people. A few doctors shook my hand yesterday and I raced for the antibacterial gel. And if I wasn't a hermit before I'm going to be one now! I've got to hide out and rest as much as possible. Ummm, so why am I up in the middle of the night?

Why else? I'm up at 2am because of reflux. It's my own fault, I had some oyster crackers before I went to bed. I was worried that I'd taken 2349082 pills on an empty stomach. I've been coughing up a lung for an hour but feel better. Hot tea is a life-saver!

4 comment(s):

So, are you going to turn into the Bubble Boy from Seinfeld?: "The answer is Moops!"

Seriously, you should be wary of people and their germs, but try not to keep yourself too isolated. Wear a mask if you need to on trips out (No one would dare ask you about it) and keep the antibacterial gel handy. And now that it is getting a bit chilly, you would not look out of place even wearing gloves. Do WHATEVER you must do to take care of yourself, and be damn what others think.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2005 8:50 AM  

I LOVE the gloves idea! Remember Cousin Gin said we were related to royalty. I say white gloves & tiara (or very large hats with feathers) Your already working the high tea thing- go for it! Helloooo Mr Darcy!!!!

Regarding a comment about visualizing of meds choking the cancer cells. I say just pretend the cancer cells are Doctor "suck it up" that ought to do the trick..... :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2005 4:33 PM  

Okay, feel free to do the white gloves and tiara, but I draw the line at glass slippers after Labor Day...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2005 4:45 PM  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN! (A couple of hours early) I hope you have a spectacular day tomorrow!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2005 10:06 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home