jenny's belly

Friday, October 21, 2005

Feeling okay?

Frankly, I don't even know how I feel anymore. I think my body is confused. I'm off the anti-nausea drugs and I cancelled my fluid-infusion for this morning. I'm scheduled for one on monday so I'll keep that appointment. I probably should go in because I feel dehydrated but I'm just so happy not to have to go into the hospital today. It's a pretty fall morning and I'm just enjoying the sun rays through the yellow leaves behind my parents house.

I think my acid reflux is finally under control. I'm still not sleeping up enough (and I should really take a picture of how "upright" I sleep in bed, you would laugh to imagine it isn't high enough. I think I might be gulping for air but then the old CPAP machine would help with that if I dared to use it. EEEK! Just another thing to worry about. But I wake up at 2:30am feeling a little yucky, take some meds, listen to my "go to sleep" cd and then I'm fine until morning. No burning, no choking. It's really great. :) My stomach is upset but then it's been upset for 2 months so I'm starting to learn to ignore it. It's more annoying than my dog. WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! GO PLAY WITH YOUR SQUEEKY BRICK. My dog really does have a squeeky brick but I feel like I may have eaten a real brick. Very bizarre.

Anyway, I recently received some more charms for my bracelet (yay!) so I'll post pictures of them soon. Thanks again to all of you for your emails and cards and posts to this blog. I'm not so great at responding all the time and sometimes I'm just really late, but I love all the messages of hope and "keep at 'em". And Lisa, your response to "You shouldn't be sick" with "I shouldn't have cancer" was inspired. Love it, love it, and *used it*! :)

4 comment(s):

Jen - My father had chemo for his colon cancer last spring, and got very, very sick (mouth sores, skin changed color, fingernails started coming off, etc.). It turns out that his body wasn't metabolizing the chemo drugs at the "normal" rate, and so he actually had too much chemo in his system. (Apparently, the metabolism rate for some Asians may be slower than for Caucasians.) I doubt this is why you were sicker than you "should have been," but it may be a concept worth considering, anyway. I think that they may be able to measure the level of chemo that is in your system at any given time, to make sure that it is metabolizing (and diminishing) appropriately. Good luck to you! - Weiyen

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2005 11:57 AM  

Jen-

I'm going to try to call you over the weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to chat. It's been way too long since I've seen you or talked to you. Like everyone else, I hate to hear you've been having such a tough time with the effects of the chemo. I say--to hell with anyone who questions what you should or shouldn't be feeling like.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2005 12:23 PM  

To Kelli - AMEN to your comments!

To Jen - One of my co-workers has a Shiba Inu that actually eats REAL bricks. So, Bodo is a wimp for only playing with his 'squeeky brick!'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2005 2:09 PM  

Jen: Are you sure you don't have my pathetic, needy dog? Sounds just like him. :o) (Of course, I love him.) Glad to hear you liked and, even better, you used my comeback to "You shouldn't be this sick." Stupid is as stupid does. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/21/2005 4:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home