jenny's belly

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sleepy Girl

So tired... zzzzz. :)

I took a nice nap this afternoon but I'm still pretty tired. I wouldn't say I'm nauseous, more like a "blah" feeling.

It took 2 hours today for them to give me the chemo, which again takes only 10 minutes. My nurse is out and the replacement couldn't find my med order and excuse, excuse, excuse. I was only impatient because I wanted to get home and go to sleep! :)

They're keeping my grandmother another night at least, it seems they've identified some kind of blockage.

4 comment(s):

Jen,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I wish you the best!

Hugs,
Tracy

By Blogger Moogle, at 10/13/2005 4:56 AM  

Thursday, Day 3, dawns so bright and sunny...NOT!! GOOD LUCK on Day 3, please drive carefully in the rain, and no tailgating today. You know what happened the last time you tailgated to the hospital...
:-)

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2005 8:23 AM  

"Excuse, excuse, excuse"? Not "excuses, excuses, excuses"? Now Jen, just because you're undergoing chemotherapy doesn't mean you can let your grammar go!

"But I said the Z!!!!" - sorry everyone, inside joke.

And on a random note, not to sound paranoid, but it wouldn't hurt, if you don't already, to confirm the drugs with the nurse every time. It's rare, but not unheard of, for them to make mistakes.

You've got enough going on without having to deal with a mistake like that - after the fact.

Now get some more sleep, Sleepy Girl!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/13/2005 8:26 AM  

No, no, I really did mean for it to say "excuse, excuse, excuse" as if "insert excuse here", "insert excuse here", "insert excuse here". I was really tired yesterday, but then again, I've had three naps today.

I said the Z! (I wish I could remember which word that was for...)

The nurses are really good about re-checking my meds. We actually talked about it this morning. They check at their station, then they check again with me then they let me read the packages on my own. You just know there were some major f-ups for that kind of caution.

By Blogger Jen, at 10/13/2005 9:42 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home