jenny's belly

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

You've Been Randomized!

I just got a call from Dana Farber and my chemotherapy starts on friday.

They still haven't told me about the biopsy results, but obviously things are okay since they're going forward. I put in a "Ummm, Hello??" call to my doctor.

So here we go with phase one of five.

I was randomized (no one has ever told me that before!) into the chemotherapy study's standard treatment. Meaning I won't be as sick as the other treatment option and my hair will only thin a bit. I will start treatment on friday and go for 5 consecutive days. Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and Tues. After that I will have to meet with my doctor once a week, but I don't think I'll be given any further drugs until phase two next month. I might be wrong about that, but that's how it seems so far.

I'm just glad to finally KNOW a bit more about what's going to happen to my body! It's been frustrating to know I'll be getting crap pumped into my chest soon but not know how much or when. What a relief to know!!

4 comment(s):

If no one else wants the wig.....

I'm just sayin'.....

Um, never mind.

'Glad to see you finally have a definitive answer on what to expect, though!

As always, we'll be thinkin' of ya. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2005 1:15 PM  

Darn, I wanted to see you in a 'I Love Lucy'-red wig or an afro! Glad to know that you will be keeping your own locks and I pray that all goes well with this first round of chemo. Too bad they can't serve the chemo cocktail in a glass from Cobalts. That might make it taste better...not!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2005 4:32 PM  

Hey Jen! Glad to hear you finally know what is going on. We will be thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts your way over the next few days.

I like the "I Love Lucy" wig idea myself but if you don't need it, all the better!

Good luck! Love, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/05/2005 5:30 PM  

Glad to know they are filling in the details for you now. I don't know how you feel about prayer, but I will say one for you Friday. From your friendly Florida reader in the middle of a tropical storm - have a blessed day.

By Blogger Lynna Kay, at 10/05/2005 5:30 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home