jenny's belly

Friday, September 30, 2005

Color Me Jen

I went to the hospital today for CT scan #4. Before my appointment, my radiologist Dr. Mamon came to meet with me and discuss the results of CT scan #3. It turns out that the radiologist who reviewed CT scan #3 was not familiar with how a stomach looks when 3/4 of it is GONE. So he raised a lot of red flags. My doctors have all reviewed by themselves and with several other senior radiologists, including the senior-most radiologist at Brigham.

All agree that things look okay, and there's only a 5% (or so) chance that the cancer has returned. Because of this I still have to wait for the biopsies to come back (likely by Monday) in order to proceed with the chemo. So I'm delayed for Monday. I'll still be going into the Dana Farber for other morning appointments, but it won't be to start the chemical cocktail. I should instead learn at some point next week what the story is.

In the meantime, todays appointment was for radiology and their physicists. They have to figure out angles of beams of light and blah blah blah Number-crunchers are cool :). There were three ladies, each with a different color marker, having a field day with my chest.
They got rid of most of the black and blue pen but the red wouldn't come off. In truth, you know I've just been looking for an excuse to show my wrecked stomach. Hehehe. (This is seriously only half of my scar. Scary, huh?)

And I got my tattoos today. Five of them. It hurt like a biopsy, or the way it felt when the "stuck" staples were removed. Those people who say the tattoo pen feels like a needle prick are dirty, dirty liars.

2 comment(s):

I was diagnosed with Cervical Cancer on March 4th of this year. I only had to get stuck by that dang tattoo pen 3 times, but MAN, it HURTS! lolol I have 4 normal tattoos so I thought this would be no big deal, but let me tell you... that tattoo pen thingy H.U.R.T.S. lolol

I am now finighed with all the radiation and chemo and am just waiting for some testing to see if the cancer is gone or not. I am SO SORRY to hear about your diagnosis. I am also sorry to hear that you had to get stuck by the "Evil Tattoo Pen" 5 TIMES! lolol

I wish you luck with everything. If ya ever need to talk, i'm here! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/01/2005 2:32 AM  

So...looks like 'X' marks the spot! Sorry for the pain - next time bite the tattoo pen back!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2005 9:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home