jenny's belly

Friday, September 23, 2005

Next Appts

Oh LORD what a shitty day (sorry Nana).

You already know how the oncologist called this morning (below post), but I went back to sleep... and was woken up by an acid reflux attack complete with choking and an inability to breathe as my LUNGS had filled with something. Everything was quiet by lunchtime, and I had a dropped-egg on toast and a yummy strawberry instant breakfast -and-lemonade sherbet shake my mom made for me. And from there I was ill until I simply fell asleep. I woke up at 5:30, saw myself in a mirror (ARRGHGH) and went outside to get some air and take more flower and tree pictures. And here I am now.

My mother talked to Dr. Osteen's admin Peggy, who even HE turns to for advice, and she was horrified they would try to give me an endoscopy without anesthesia. (A recent surgical procedure was done removing stomach and esophagus and you're going to go in without knocking her out?!?) Thank you! Some people can handle it, but I know I can't, and having the surgery just puts another chip in my pile. No I WILL NOT do it while awake. If you can't get an anethesiologist just knock me on the head with a brick.

So Peggy pulled some strings (Dr. Osteen's name carries a LOT of weight) and my appointment is now Tuesday morning. I'm still having the port-a-cath put in on Monday, and after learning a bit more about what they'll do, it really isn't a good idea to do them both at the same time. I guess my chest, shoulder and arm is going to hurt (well, it *IS* surgery) and it's a bit cruel to do that and THEN make me undergo the endoscopy.

In the meantime I feel crappy. BLAH.

But on the up-side I just figured out what color my "cancer" ribbon is. It's Periwinkle blue (not the "Bile green" I assumed it would be). I've seen it for esophageal cancer (which is different) but now realize periwinkle covers a few different things. Ready?
--> Eating Disorders
--> Esophageal Cancer
--> Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
--> Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
--> Pulmonary Hypertension
--> Stomach Cancer

Ew, of all of those Stomach cancer is almost the least embarrassing. Like Austin Powers' enlargement pump-- "It's not mine!"
Who wants to be the first to give me a shout-out for somehow knowing my color is periwinkle? I mean, check out the color blue I picked for my blog!!

2 comment(s):

Jen can you e-mail me your parents address please???? kl_breton@yahoo.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 7:10 PM  

Hey Jen, Did you already do the clown cake? I found an excellent reference for it...

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-28870/

Uncle Bob

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/24/2005 5:18 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home