jenny's belly

Monday, September 19, 2005

Sleepy but can't sleep

I'm so tired I'm staring cross-eyed at this computer monitor but I still can't sleep. I even took a prescription pill to help me relax (I found that the sleeping pill was just too strong).

Such a bizarre predicament.

I'm just extremely uncomfortable tonight. The pillows are smothering me and the bed is so soft it's swallowing me up. Unfortunately, I like a rather firm mattress and have very often (in the past, obviously) slept with NO pillows. So much for THAT! This "6 pillows" thing is just ridiculous. But without them I can practically feel the acid reflux getting ready-- like revving one of those cool new ford mustangs.

I'm going to an American Cancer Society thing tonight. It's called Look Good...Feel Better. I'm very curious, not just about what it will be like, but who else will be there. Hmm... I guess I'll learn how to look like those silly women who pluck their eyebrows off and then pencil them back on. :) They have similar programs for teens and men, but this is geared toward women. Will they be like me, trying to figure out what to do before anything has fallen out? I'll bet if you saw me in the mall you'd have NO clue what I've been through and about to go through. I have to assume it's the same way for many, many people. I just never gave it a thought before.

My mom and I have our cake decorating class on Tuesday. We're supposed to make a clown cake and I've told the instructor I think it's abuse. I refuse to buy the required "clown heads" to finish off the cake because I don't want to OWN them. Way to torture someone who doesn't like clowns!! I'd skip it but I think we're going to try again to make the frosting roses. What a great thing that would be to know how to do! Once I figure it out I'm going to make them out of miscellaneous things I find around the house like plaster or potroast. Fun! :)

2 comment(s):

mmmm...clowns. No wonder you can't sleep - if you go to sleep, then the clowns might eat you!!

I hope your meeting goes well tonight, in that you get some great information on additional means of support. And, as your friends, we do mean well, but discard any of our messages that say 'you've been though the worse of this.' Until any of us have walked in your shoes (or slept in your too soft bed)...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2005 9:30 AM  

Jen - Thanks for the updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your friend,
Weiyen

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/19/2005 9:48 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home