jenny's belly

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Food is yucky

I know I'm not eating enough. I KNOW IT. But it's really hard! I don't WANT to eat. I didn't eat today until 5pm when I realized "crap, I've gone all day without eating again" and I had $2.00 on me. So where do you go when you're away from home and you haven't eaten all day? That's right, McDs.

So on the way home I snacked on a small order of french fries (thinking- hey, it's potato, how bad can this be?). And I got home and half of it, er, came back out the way it went in. I actually thought I'd be ill in the car (NOT THE NEW CAR!) but I did make it home. So I learned a few things today:

--French fries on an empty stomach = BAD
--Fried food on an empty stomach = VERY BAD
--Throwing up with my new itty-bitty stomach surprisingly doesn't hurt
--In fact, I felt a hell of a lot better

Before that I had a great afternoon with friends Chris (taller, somehow?), Janet & Dan. I laughed incredibly hard, which was wonderful, and brought new meaning to the idea of "side-splitting". I really did have to walk away from the group a few times.

I went to see Ellen at my favorite cross stitch shop afterwards. Like Dan, she's been a great source of inspiration and advice having been through "Joys of Cancer". She even had a catalog she'd picked up for me with pictures of wigs and scarves and... I still don't know if my hair is going to fall out. But I have to be mentally prepared. Or, I guess I'm trying anyway.

I took a billion pictures this evening with the idea of putting together a book I can flip through in the evils of winter (aka February) when chemo is trying to break my spirit.

This one is a cheat because the lens was foggy. I like it because it makes me seem "wicked aahtistic". :)
I think this is so pretty. It's some sort of rose bush.
Here's some pumpkins, still hanging out in my dad's garden. Though the vines look nearly dead these are still growing!
A benefit of basically moving back home is that my mom made me a dropped egg on toast for dinner. I didn't take a picture of it, so you'll just have to take my word for it. She has become a huge egg pusher. (Simpsons reference: "So, the egg council got to you too, huh?") Even Lisa will agree because when she was here I think the poor girl had eggs for every meal. Omlette? Dropped Egg on Toast? Scrambled eggs? Quiche? Anyone?

Still, it's nice to be able to get out a little bit more, to see people and do things. To DRIVE! How we take the little things for granted...

3 comment(s):

I like the foggy picture best and am glad to know it isn't my vision that's blurry.
linder

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2005 10:18 PM  

Ooooooh it is "wicked ahhhtsy" I like it! But we all know you really are creative a.k.a. "ahhtssy fahhtsy"
(it's genetic) : )

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/14/2005 10:59 PM  

I don't know Jen, first the beautiful cake, now the artistic photos. . . Move over Martha!

The photo book is a great idea for the dead of winter- what a nice thing it will be for you to look at. The cake is incredible, like Jenn Crane I can still get away with some colored frosting and sprinkles and impress the kids but probably not for much longer. . . Do you do birthdays? I still haven't searched out a good bakery up here. . .

You continue to amaze me Jen with your positive attitude and your creative talents. You can wow your cooking club with your cake decorating skills as well. . .

Kelly B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/15/2005 7:09 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home