jenny's belly

Monday, September 05, 2005

Attack!

I finally fell asleep about 5:45a and Lisa woke me up (as previously agreed) at 6:30a. All was well until I sat up in bed. I learned a valuable lesson. An empty stomach is very, very, very bad.

I had such painful reflux it left me choking and nearly unable to speak. Crackers will now always be within arms reach, including on my bedside table. I may have to set some kind of cracker alarm to wake me up and eat. hehehe

Hard core stomach acid is nasty. And how dreadful is stomach cancer-- how can that stuff live and thrive in such a wretched environment?

2 comment(s):

You should keep a basket by the bed with your crackers and other dried foods, as well as a non-carbinated beverage. Just in case you wake in the middle of the night and need nourishment (I sound like my mom!) And no sitting right up when you wake up! You remember, the same drill as when you go out drinking and must get up VERY SLOWLY the next morning...

Glad you had a great visit with Lisa and please try not to worry about this 'thing' happening at this phase of your life. You can kick this thing by age 31 and still have a kickin' time for the rest of your thirties!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2005 9:43 AM  

Listen to Desiree --- she is a very smart woman.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2005 12:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home