jenny's belly

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

One More Day

Owwww my staples hurt like hell today. They aren't infected but they're irritated. They're red and... I'm not going to go into graphic detail but believe me it's gross. But anyway the drugs haven't seemed to work well today.

I can't TELL you how much I'm looking forward to having the staples out tomorrow afternoon. Because of the "issues" I called to push my appointment up but I only got one day sooner. I should hear back on pathology too. I'm ready for the response-- I think.

Well, I just ate a cookie. Idiot. It seemed like a good idea. It wasn't. :( I'm amazed at how my eating has changed. A bowl of rice krispees was "too much food" today. I had 2 pieces of cheese for breakfast and a shot-size bowl of jello, but somehow the rice krispees 4 hours later put me over the edge. My pre-lunch has been so evil lately it has ended up BEING my lunch.

Speaking of evil that commerical for "Exorcism of Emily Rose" scares the crap out of me, can someone please petition for it to go away?

Food has begun to betray me. Like a little bowl of fried rice. How bad can that be? As I learned yesterday, very bad actually. And I'd rather just not eat anymore. I'm a big fan of gatorade now, which I wasn't before. Maybe the blood donor was a gatorade fan! I think I saw that on TV; where you take on characteristics of people who donated organs to you. It probably doesn't work with blood, though, right? CREEPY!! :)

But it's been only two weeks since surgery. I'm pushing myself awfully hard to be "normal" again. Some things work... some things don't. And maybe once these f%*&ing staples come out I can get a good night's sleep!!!

:)

5 comment(s):

I hope you feel better soon. I know what it is like to wait for stuff to get better--blogging kinda helps. My cousin is in Iraq too. gotta get to sleep was staying up for MS/Katrina news, I think my friends may have survived after all.

By Blogger The Coach, at 8/31/2005 12:59 AM  

Jen, good luck with your appointment. We're all hoping for good news!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 1:31 AM  

I am so glad today is the day you get those staples removed. Check out today's Globe (I KNOW I should be reading the Herald!)because it talks about the gluten-free menus in restaurants such as Outback, Legal Seafood, P.F. Chang's and hopefully more joining the ranks. They are now catering to the one in 133 people in the U.S. who have a problem with gluten. That's encouraging news! I'm hoping for more good news later today for you.
Love, Aunt El

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 7:44 AM  

Aunt El-
I've been reading that celiac's disease is VERY VERY common in Europe; that's because they TEST for it. We don't test for it in the U.S. but if we did the numbers would be HUGE!

By Blogger Jen, at 8/31/2005 7:50 AM  

Good luck today Jen. We'll all be thinking of you and saying our prayers. Glad to hear you're getting the staples out although I don't think I want to hear details of them using this giant staple remover from Office Max :) Hopefully, you'll be starting to feel more comfortable.

I'm amazed at all the foods you have tried so far. I still can't believe you've already been out to restaurants. Gin can't see your blog, but was asking about you last night. You should email her about some tips regarding the food. I know it took her some time to figure out what she could handle.

Thanks for keeping us up to date!
Kath

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 8:41 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home