jenny's belly

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Beddie-bye!

My MOM is turning into Nurse Rachet though, so that's not good. I wasn't allowed to post yesterday or today until just now. I was awake at 12:30 last night an thought about posting, but knew I shouldn't write any more than I should get in the car and drive to Cuba. I've been having horrible drug dreams. Crazy with a capital K and two Es.

KRAZEE dreams.

Like, my parents finally released the feral cats living in the attic and they're starved but won't leave our immediate house so now I have to worry about THAT.

I was released from BGH yesterday at 4:00 and after the lovely, feather soft ride of Massachusetts-paved roads I arrived home nearly dead. I was whisked off to my parents bed to rest. They stuffed me with pillows and and it just as chushy as the ride. I think my parents sleep on a trapezoid. That bed is made of marble with a flat top and steep sides. I'm convinced I'll roll out, but also sure that would be okay just to be free of it.

After 30 minutes of that I went into the recliner in their room. MUCH MUCH better. I figured THIS is my new home. I so desprately just want to go lie down and be done with it but someone cut me in half and sewed me back together so there is nothing more comfortable than being on my back.

But after resting until about 9 I got up and went down with my parents and Aunt Jo into the great room to rest. The chair I thought would be comfortable was too soft with no neck rest. I moved over to the loveseat where I was parked until about 10:30 with frequent adjustments necessary.

I went up to my brother's room where I was going to sleep (and have been since "Cancer! 2005") got into that bed and apparently looked as uncomfortable as I felt. At this point, I think of the recliners on the porch. And if these don't work I'm going to go break into a hospital-supply store.

I got in the first recliner and knew THIS would be my nice new home. The 2 loveseat dual-recliners are very comfortable, but not exactly new. And while these are considered old, they replaced the recliner still in my parents bedroom. Oh, here's a picture of one with puppies on it.



I got up at 1:00 from a series of krazee dreams and switched over to the other recliner without the streetlights in my face. Back to sleep until my mom woke me at 2 because I was yelling out (feral cats). I was back to krazee dreams until 5 when it took me 15 minutes to go up the stairs, use the bathroom, and get back to bed... and I finally slep until about 8am.

But I took a shower this morning which was fantastic. And, it was the first one by myself in a week! I'm amazed at where dignity goes when you're at the mercy of others. I had a team of amazing, amazing women (and, in a krazee dream someone named Neil) taking care of me, but dignity goes away and you don't even care. I guess because you appreciate the help or the service so much.

10 comment(s):

So are you saying you'll be sleeping in that recliner which is located on your parent's PORCH for your entire recovery? It's been a little chilly here and we've gotten some rain, I don't know what the weather has been doing out there but perhaps a backup plan is in order?
I hope you get super comfy somewhere (preferably indoors) soon.

Hey, I can imagine getting over the people showering you part. Surgery or no surgery, I could get used to that, especially with some guy named Neil.

Sounds like you are doing well, all considering, Jen. Keep it up.

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2005 8:31 PM  

Woohoo! She's back! Glad to hear you are "somewhat" settling in. If you are looking for a career change you can try for a job at Jordan's. After trying out every piece of furniture in the house, you are now an expert on all the best and worst features.

Glad to hear you are getting stronger. Now, just take some time to read all the posts, feel the love and enjoy the attention of everyone. You deserve it after such a very long week!

Keep track of those KRAZEE dreams and please drop the cats. They sound very scary! I want to hear a little more about Neil. Does he give sponge baths too?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2005 10:02 PM  

You might can git your daddy to put a fridge out on that there porch so's you can offer your vis'tors a beer while yur reclinin'...

Glad to hear you're home and back to posting (and showering - that's always a good thing!). Now you can concentrate on getting stronger and back on your feet - and into a regular bed at night!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/23/2005 10:22 PM  

Hey Jen-
Glad you are back home, but my Kaira would not appreciate being called feral. I sent her over (in your Krazee dreams!!) to keep you company!! I miss you lots and hope you spend the time really resting and getting better. Lots of love to you.

P.S. Dr. Evil, thank you again for your wonderful blog work filling in for Jen. :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/24/2005 8:22 AM  

I think the "Neil" taking care of you was Neil Patrick Harris. Not quite Kevin Spacey but you did need a medical guy and who better than Doogie?

I can't believe your mom's buyin' that stuff about "Oh I was just trying out the chairs to find one that's comfortable." That Goldilocks thing ain't gonna fly. We all know you were searching the premises for that box of Wheaties she hid before you came home. You are so busted.

I remember when I lost my 'dignity'. I was lying in the middle of Hollywood Blvd. and the paramedics cut my clothes off. "No really, it's just a broken leg." "Sorry ma'am (ma'am?) it's standard procedure." Yeah, who made up THAT rule? Thank God my mother told me to wear clean underwear.

Ohhh, that first shower. It was so refreshing. And private. And exhausting. Get yourself one of those bath chairs so you can really enjoy it. Of course the way things are going you'd probably end up sleeping on it. With all your cat friends lounging around the bottom of the tub.

I hope you're as glad to be home as everyone is to have you there. Take it "easy like Sunday morning."

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/24/2005 9:51 AM  

Hey Jen! I am so glad that you made it home. I wondered how awful that first car ride would be. . . Now, if you could just get comfortable, get rid of those krazee dreams and get some sleep! We are all so happy that you are home and are still thinking of you and trying to send some positive vibes your way. . .

Lisa, awesome job keeping up the blog. Hope all is well in Seattle and that you are loving your new job! Love, Kelly B

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/24/2005 10:54 AM  

So, thanks for the thought about the KRAZEE dreams and the feral cats. First time in months I've had a dream that I remembered and it was some scary looking big blue fish in a skanky tank I don't even want to think about. Maybe it was company (or food?) for your cats? I love you loads, but did not want to be thinking of you at 4 a.m. when I woke up in a cold sweat!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/24/2005 1:10 PM  

Hmmm...Neil...
-Armstrong?
-Diamond?
-The Captain & Tenille?
-Shaquille O'Neal?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/24/2005 2:13 PM  

Neal Shoen, guitarist from 80s band Journey?

By Blogger Jen, at 8/24/2005 8:42 PM  

Good to see you are home, I will keep reading

- a father of two just got diagnosed having stomach cancer.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/13/2009 6:25 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home