jenny's belly

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Haiku for Healing?

I'm supposed to try some dumb new-agey things I've never tried before-- like Reiki (what, Raffi?) that has something to do with balancing energy, etc etc. I'm starting out with arts and crafts (seriously, I only have 4 thank you cards done, I am a miserable human being) but thought I'd give Haiku a chance because everytime I think of Reiki I think of Haiku first.

Maybe there's a blockage? :)

Staples in a row
Keep my stomach in my chest
mmm, oxycodone

Cancer surgery
Now chest tube site is weeping
Need a new body

Summer off from work
Short Term Disability
Pretend to be sick

Not enough pillows
Bed is uncomfortable
Sleep in the closet


(I'm following the traditional 5-7-5 syllable rules as I never learned free form in Mr. Buckley's 6th grade class.)

7 comment(s):

Oh Jen. . . What a wonderful reference to the frightening Mr. Buckley. I hadn't thought about him in years but as soon as I read his name, I conjured up a lovely mental image of the man; red faced, screaming, ruler in hand. . . A charming sixth grade teacher to start off the middle school years of learning. . .

I hope all goes well with you today. What a relief it will be to get those beautiful staples out! I will be thinking of you, praying for good news. Take care, Kelly B

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 9:41 AM  

Oh great, now I've offended Barb 2, haven't I? I didn't mean it, Barb2! You're way better than Barb1. Everyone says so...but don't tell Barb1.

As a show of contrition and support, you may now address me as Barb3. Or maybe Barb3.14159.... (aka Barb pi).

By the way, Barb Pie is opening for the Wheat Nazi's at the Paradise later this week.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 2:48 PM  

...Hit the $#@&&$ send key to early. Also meant to tell Jen again that us Mercer folks are thinking of and praying for her today. We are.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 2:49 PM  

Jen: I think you've got "Reiki" wrong... I think it's actually a reference to watching the cartoon (I'm dating myself here) "Rikki (Tikki Tavi)", about a mongoose that kills a cobra and saves a little village...or a little boy, or something. It's been a while. So, just sit back, relax and watch the show. Since you're in a poetic mood, here's one about Rikki-tikki-tavi: At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
``Nag, come up and dance with death!''
Eye to eye and head to head,
(Keep the measure, Nag.)
This shall end when one is dead;
(At thy pleasure, Nag.)
Turn for turn and twist for twist-
(Run and hide thee, Nag.)
Hah! The hooded Death has missed!
(Woe betide thee, Nag!)

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/usr/mongoose/www/rtt.html

BTW --- Jenn Crane: How are you doing in Ohio? (asks Lisa (Blanchard) Bradbury)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 4:41 PM  

Dan Dan Dan Dan Dan...better men than you have tried to offend me and none have succeeded! LOL

Did you know that Barb 1 is Jen's Nana? I like the Barb Pi though. To Infinity! And Beyond!

Jen, have you started your staple-free diet yet?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/31/2005 9:33 PM  

Kelly B, do you remember that he was ALWAYS tucking in his SHIRT? Ewww!!!!
:)

By Blogger Jen, at 9/01/2005 3:38 AM  

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH,

OH MY GOD....FITZ has switched Blog's!! Im sooo sorry!!

But seriously...Redding had some underlining issues for his frequent "fly fixes"...I must say the fly check is much worse!

Fitz...enjoy the niceness of amber now...I hear once your married...its gone!

Jen...glad to hear your doing better and the staples are out..I hope your around this weekend so I can give yah a call. I would like to hear more about what pathology told you/your appointment on friday...talk to you soon..take care
love
jeff

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/02/2005 12:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home