jenny's belly

Friday, September 16, 2005

Tony Snow on Cancer

My dad passed along a column by tv journalist Tony Snow, which I thought I'd share. It's very good, but if you don't care to read it, here are some things he listed as having learned through 7 months of cancer surgery and chemo...

--> Faith matters. Prayers heal. Love overcomes.

--> People want to do good for others; they just need excuses.

--> Fear is a waste of time. The worst that can happen is that we'll die -- which happens to everybody, anyway. Until the Grim Reaper comes knocking, we're alive.

--> We can count our hardships, but not our blessings.

--> Life does not revolve around us. It envelops us.

--> There is no condition that someone else has not already overcome.

4 comment(s):

In the past, you have had me squeeling in laughter at my desk, now you are trying to make me cry...stop it!!! Seriously, thank you for sharing this. It was very helpful, in that I have had some trying times over the past year-not as difficult as yours, but tough on me nonetheless. Stories like these refocus my attention and put things back into perspective. Your dad is a good man for finding and passing this along to you.

P.S. Thx for the photo of Bodo!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/16/2005 1:45 PM  

The first line that stood out to me:

At one point, I mistook normal, allergy-related sinus pain for a brain tumor. (sound familiar??? boo-boo on tongue)

And the next:

The women who made it were the ones who wanted to live, and were ready to fight.

That's you Jen! I still hold firm to my belief that YOU WILL BEAT THIS!!

You're father found a great article. Thank him for me!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/16/2005 3:19 PM  

So..yes this is unblog relatedish. But hey! Who cares! Heyyy Jen...it's Grace (a.k.a:the adopted little sister). Aww I feel so bad for you, but look at you, some hardcore fighting (and cooking apparently) going on :). That's awesome. We should chill sometime soon...I'll bring the movies you bring the tea...it'll be a party! Anyways, hope you have many great days ahead.
<3 ~Grace

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/16/2005 4:45 PM  

I'm sure you've already read it, it seems I'm the last to have come across it, but those snippets from that article made me think of "Tuesdays with Morrie" which I just finished reading. I swear everyone should read that book. I told my mother-in-law I was thinking of getting several copies to send to everyone but she was like everyone else I've asked about that book, "already read it." Oh well. It's so sweet and real and it puts everything into persective just like the article you quoted for us. Thanks for sharing Jen.

LOVE YOU!

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/18/2005 1:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home