jenny's belly

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Looking the Same...Feeling Okay

The Look Good...Feel Better class was actually very good. I think it might be better if I go again when I'm feeling crappy though. I can't believe how much free make-up they gave each of us. TONS of brand-new name-brand stuff. I think my favorite is eyelash tint. How come I didn't know about this before?! :)

My Aunt Jeanne and Uncle Bob visited last night, we had such a great time! They brought me some ice cream too, some of which I'm eating right now. That's right, at 6am. I feel like I have another excuse for stupid things now. hehehe. My aunt did the Dana Farber/Jimmy Fund Cancer Walk in my name the other day, which I didn't even know about! How amazing is that!! I will definitely have to do it next year, and I intend to guilt others into joining me. :)

Okay-- AWKWARD!!! I received a fantastic half moon and star charm yesterday and I don't know who it is from!

I should explain-- my cousin Gin is spear-heading an effort to put together a silver charm bracelet for me. Her suggestion is one I would love even if it wasn't for me!! When I look at each charm I'll remember who gave it to me, and it's a way for them to "be there" during chemo and radiation. But since I don't know who gave me the moon and star I'm kind of at a loss. Can the sender of the generous gift please email me or post below? :)

Anyway, my chemo start date is really creeping up on me. I guess it's 2 weeks away? Yikes. At least I know it won't HURT. None of it will hurt. Except the needles. Ow! :) (What a baby!)

Last night I was listening to the women discuss life with chemo/radiation and not one of them was back at work. They said the most active they could be was for 45 minutes. But then they all had me beat by about 25-30 years. I felt SOOOO out of place, as if I maybe should have gone to the "teen" version of the class. Not that they were unkind, it's all my mindset. I still feel like a fraud sometimes. "Why am I here with these people sick with cancer? I shouldn't be here, I mean, I don't have.... oh, right."

7 comment(s):

Jen, I am loking for a charm shaped like a dorito, and when I find it, its yours. If you can't eat em, wear em! also have you tried McD's milkshakes? slither down any better?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2005 12:31 PM  

OK, so I am now feeling very badly that I have failed in my duty to post this on behalf of Gin who is not able to see the blog on her computer. Sorry for not getting to this sooner! btw, Gin said she looks great. (even better with the tinted eyelashes, huh, Jen?). Anyway, I am looking for one to commemorate all of the laughs at our wine tasting class.

From Gin to the family after her recent visit with Jen:
"I told her about a friend who recently underwent similar treatment; her friends and co-workers all got together and sent her charms. She put them on a charm bracelet and she wore the bracelet to each of her treatments, and it helped her to know that all of her friends were there in spirit, cheering her through. We sent charms that represented something about ourselves or about our relationship with her. I asked Jen if I could start a bracelet for her and she loved the idea!

We'd love to have you join the bracelet! Send a charm! Be creative! There are some really great ideas out there and you can either shop at a local store or order easily from websites like:

www.bluemud.com
www.classic-charms.com

The bracelet will be sterling silver so please send silver charms. Given the size of our family, one charm per person should weigh down Jen's arm nicely!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2005 1:04 PM  

Jen, forget the tinted eyelashes. Get the MINK eyelashes that both J-Lo and Paris Hilton wear. Tres Chic!!

Gin - thanks for the info on the bracelet. I will make sure to send along a charm. I wonder if there is a Homer Simpson charm...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2005 2:48 PM  

Mystery solved!

Jen, The charm is from Jennifer Howard along with Michael, Lee, Casey, and Drew. I sent a response to the family email that Gin did and Jennifer responded. She said she sent a message along with the order and asked that I pass on the following "We send our best wishes on her treatments and recovery. Our thoughts are with her."

Kath




Jennifer

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2005 4:59 PM  

Kathy-
Wow, I didn't think we'd be able to figure out who it was from. Thank you to Jennifer Howard for her gift and to you and Gin for tracking down the sender!! ;)

By Blogger Jen, at 9/20/2005 7:30 PM  

Oh, and Lisa H, if you get me that stupid monkey from http://www.silverfantasy.com/charms_animals.html we will have to stop speaking.

Don't think I didn't see it. WALK AWAY! :P

By Blogger Jen, at 9/20/2005 10:57 PM  

Thanks for giving me the URL for 'Silver Fantasy'. Of course I am at work and I try to access the site...I get alarms and the nonsense (the site is blocked), because of the word 'fantasy'...

If corporate Info Security comes to take me away, I'm giving you up!

:-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/21/2005 8:18 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home