jenny's belly

Friday, September 23, 2005

CT Scan Results

So it might be nothing, but then again, I haven't had that kind of luck this summer...

My oncologist (Dr. Bhargava) called me yesterday during my nap and when I called him back he had left the office. But he just called back. I could hear kids and TV in the background. Good grief, the equivalent of a visit to the doctor's personal office complete with desk and diplomas.

Dr. Bhargava said they received the results of yesterday's CT scan and there's a "thickening" of the wall of my stomach in the area where Dr. Osteen (my surgeon) connected my stomach back together. I listened in slight disbelief. ALREADY!?!?! How the heck can cancer grow that fast?! It's barely been a month!

It could be scar tissue, Dr. Osteen told Dr. Bhargava, and it's extremely unusual that it would come back so fast, but it's not impossible or out of the question. I'm back in the position of doctors having to apologize to me "We're extremely surprised too, sorry to have to give you this news."

I canceled my dentist appointment today as I'll now have to go into the Brigham TODAY for my 3rd Endoscopy. I told Dr. Bhargava I would have to have anesthesia, which I know he wasn't prepared for. I'm still hoping they can fit me in today. "Do you really need it?" "Oh yes, I absolutely can't have one done without it."

Anyway, while we wait to find out exactly what was seen on the CT (and I have a feeling they know it's a return of the cancer, they just want to be certain) please keep me in your thoughts today! :)

I should add that today is the 2-month anniversary of that lovely announcement: "You have stomach cancer." I think I'm getting used to being told...

6 comment(s):

Jen: I know everyone's thinking of you and praying it's just scar tissue. Try and keep your chin up.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 7:57 AM  

Jen,

I love you and am praying for you, as always. Whatever the results, you will overcome this. Be strong!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 8:11 AM  

Hey Girlfriend-
All my thoughts are with you today!! Please tell your folks I am sending positive thoughts to them as well.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 9:09 AM  

I don't know if I've ever wished for "scar tissue" before, but there's a first for everything. You will be in my thoughts all day today. I'm sending positive scar tissue vibes your way. There will be some praying involved too.

Big hugs,

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 9:46 AM  

Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of friends and family wishing and praying with all our heart that this turns out to be nothing but yet another in a too long list of horrible scares.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/23/2005 9:57 AM  

Fitz,
I love the chant and I TOO have a dorito addiction. That's why "thickening of the stomach" has a couple different meanings to it.

My mother just yelled out to herself in the kitchen, "Someone up there hates me! Who is F*&)ing around with my life!"

I've never had to censor my own mother before! :)

I wonder if Doritos would help me feel better.... only one way to find out! :)

By Blogger Jen, at 9/23/2005 7:29 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home