jenny's belly

Friday, September 30, 2005

Cranky Girl

I'm up early with acid reflux and looking for something to read... the kitchen counter has been cleared off except for a postcard and a letter, just some junk mail sent to my mother. I couldn't resist reading the postcard.

First, it's the crappiest thing I've ever seen. The creator had clearly just learned how to use bold type and "word art" in Microsoft word. It starts with "NEREIG has become...AREI-WIN". Oh yes, that's a *much* catchier acronym. Good work.

They're apparently trying to get real estate agents to sign up for their miserable one-day seminar. I know this only because there's a tiny cartoon of a house with a dollar sign price tag hanging off of it, and on either side of the picture is the text "Don't lose" and "Don't miss this!!!". I can't put my finger on it, but there's something amazingly professional about those three exclaimation points. What's more convincing? A paragraph full of bad grammar and elipses (...):
Don't be fooled by imitators...learn from the best, other courses in this area have been developed after the principles have taken this course...don't get the watered down version...get it straight from the source!
That's right. Principles. This and more crummy text is crushed into a box which starts to fall right off the card.

The little postcard is so cluttered it took me quite a long time to even notice the title: "Winning with Real Estate Foreclosures". They got all carried away trying to convince me not to go to those other courses (??) that they forgot to tell me the name of the dumb thing. I'm guessing my mother is not a AREI-WIN member, though there is a "special price for this seminar of $395.00 discounts for AREI-WIN members!" Discounts? And is it $395.00 off or what?

You think I'm cranky now, wait until chemo starts monday. :P

5 comment(s):

Me-OW!!;o)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2005 8:06 AM  

mmmmmm...cranky!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2005 8:47 AM  

...in other news, the head of AREI-WIN (formerly NEREIG) was savagely attacked today by a woman who repeated yelled "Don't miss this!" "Whose a member now?!" and "Forclose on this!"

The assailant appeared quite distrubed, having apparently installed some sort of telephone jack in her own shoulder.

Luckily, none of the other Principles were hurt.

...I'll be thinking of you Monday, Jen. Be sure to come home and update us all. On the one hand it stinks that you have to start all this, but on the other it's also the first step toward getting it over with, once and for all.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2005 10:11 AM  

I'm leaving in the morning Jen, but you will be in my thoughts while I'm gone. We'll definitely connect when I get back.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/30/2005 8:18 PM  

You obviously are in need of something to read and critique, so beware as kate will be sending you her admission essay- so you can have something to do. I could write an essay, that could keep you busy through the next 6 wks of chemo. Just ask uncle jack!!:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2005 5:44 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home