jenny's belly

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Up Next: CT Scan #4

Ready for this one? I have a fat lip. I'm pretty sure my anethesiologist tried to punch me awake. He arrived late and then tried to convince me I probably didn't need him. I've been through enough B.S. that I nearly gave HIM a fat lip. "Start putting me to sleep, senator!"

I had no problem with the endoscopy today, just it was looong. I was there at 9:30 and didn't leave until about 2:30. The worst part was actually getting there. As I'm back on Oxycodone and it feels like someone shot or stabbed me in the chest I didn't plan on driving to the hospital this morning. But I had to-- my poor mother took a sleeping pill last night and was still dealing with the side effects when it was time to leave.

So the first half of the trip had her shaking her head and slapping her face to stay awake, and then I drove with a pillow under the seatbelt (ow, my port-a-cath is RIGHT under where the seatbelt shoulder strap goes!) and very little care for danger. Hey, I might have been drugged up, but I was driving like everyone else in Boston rush-hour traffic!

There were lots of accidents this morning but I promise we were neither in any nor the cause of any. And my mother won't be taking the sleeping pill again when we have to get up and go to the hospital!

I have to wait a week for the pathology results to come back. The doctor said he did a few biopsies but if he had to guess he would say it was nothing to be worried about. Wow, what can I do with THAT unhelpful information? I also went up to my surgeon's office to ask for an appointment since my side still hurts from the stomach surgery. Dr. Osteen is gone for 2 weeks so I'm hoping the doctor backing him up will find some time to see me.

I have nothing to do tomorrow and I'm absolutely thrilled. These past two days have been something else! I'm still scheduled to start chemotherapy on monday and this friday I have a CT scan (yes, another one!) in preparation for radiology.

Oh, back to the fat lip-- I think it's because of the endoscope. The doctor likely (accidentally) pinched me. Or he maybe did a biopsy of my lip for the hell of it. Or maybe he punched me in the face instead of the anesthesiologist! Anyway, a fat lip is the least of my worries. :)

7 comment(s):

Oh Jen! What an image you have evoked of your drive in this morning. We are all thankful that you two made it safely AND that you had nothing to do with any of the car accidents. . . I am glad you survived yet another test day. Maybe you could pretend you had collagen implants in your lips? . . . I am continuing to pray for the best. Thanks for your timely updates. Now that you have fulfilled the needs of your "Jen-news junkies" you need to get some rest! Love, Kelly B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/27/2005 9:57 PM  

I hope for you that your CT Scan results come back as good news. I myself am waiting for results of a scan. Fingers crossed for the both of us.

Lori

By Blogger Lori Miller, at 9/28/2005 12:24 AM  

The fat lip is probably courtesy of the anesthesio;ogist, whom you tailgated and then cut off in your altered state on the way to the hospital! Maybe you could pick up some driving tips from Fitz.

Here's to a free day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2005 1:44 AM  

I agree with Barb 2. That fat lip was your 'road rage' payback for tailgating on Rt 93 or 128. I hope you can really relax today and I'm sending positive thoughts that yesterday's procedures turn up NOTHING!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2005 8:29 AM  

Definitely take it easy today, Jen. I can't think of anyone more deserving of a peaceful day of rest and relaxation.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2005 8:41 AM  

...fine, I admit it.

I happened to be in the area and thought it would be funny to punch Jen in the face while she was out cold. You know how sometimes something seems funny at the time, but looking back, not so much? I was thinking "Oh how Jen will laugh when she wakes up after this!" I guess I kinda misread my audience. Sorry Jen.

...Oh, and sorry for slipping a "Micky" in your Mom's orange juice.....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/28/2005 9:04 AM  

Didn't you get an official back scratcher from the hospital along with the sock putter- onner, and other delightful toys ( that will appear on your insurance bill)? look around in a bag somewhere :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2005 5:52 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home