jenny's belly

Saturday, October 01, 2005

My Charms

I bought myself 3 charms (what, I can't?) for my bracelet. First, a crown, because there was a time when I was convinced I would have made an excellent duchess. My odds are decreasing, but nothing is impossible.

Then a girl doing the "I'm a little teapot" song. She looks a bit more like she's doing the egyptian walk, doesn't she? The point of the "I'm a little teapot" charm is that after surgery, and even somewhat regularly now, I will walk around with my left hand holding onto my side just about the ribcage. This is because the chest tube site still hurts and pressure makes it feel better. In fact, I was shopping with my friend Tina today and she pointed out that I was doing it. I don't even NOTICE it anymore. ANYWAY, when my mom or aunt Jo would ask me if my side was hurting, I would say no, I'm just getting ready to perform "I'm a little teapot" and this is my handle. When I saw the charm, well... a purchase had to be made.

Last, three common good luck symbols. Horseshoe, 4-leaf clover, wishbone. I'll take all I can get! I thought it was really cool.

I feel okay today. I woke up with an acid reflux attack, drank my hot tea and felt better (tea is a miracle-worker for heartburn and reflux, try it sometime!). I had a morning nap and now it's time for my afternoon nap. I'm like a child and get cranky if I go too long without my rest. Plus, its the only way to heal.

I'm going to put on the hideous sparkly monkey sleep mask that Lisa gave me (grrrr) and head for the pillows!! :)

3 comment(s):

jen, buy all the charms you want, you have earned at least that right. glad to hear you still have your sense of humor. friends at your OTHER home miss you. hi also to bodo. i have had to hire another dog to bark at me whenever i come home(:-)
be good to yourself & feel good

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/02/2005 11:41 AM  

My first thought was definitely "Walk like an Egyptian". In fact, the song will probably be in my head all day now (thanks). ;o)
Hope you had fun with Tina on Saturday - wish I could have come!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2005 8:55 AM  

I remember you had a pen with some sparkly stuff on the top during Breakpoint...your duchess pen. You go duchess! In your free time (right!), please research this question: If you are a duchess, then that makes Bodo (your son) a what?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/03/2005 9:17 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home