jenny's belly

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

You've Been Rescheduled!

Rescheduled. Surprised? Not me! :)

So chemo is starting on TUESDAY now instead of Friday. I spoke to my oncologist, Dr. Bhargava this afternoon, and he said it was because when they informed radiation of the start date it caused a problem. I guess whatever schedule I have for chemo is the same for radiation and they don't work on Sundays.

My doctor said they even got special permission from the head of the study for me to go Tuesday through Saturday. Not sure why that needed special permission, but there you have it.

And I got the biopsy results (finally!!) which shows everything is okay. Yet on the other hand my esophagus is extremely inflamed (no kidding) and it looks like I have an ulcer a-brewin'. And I heard him mention the word "fungus" in relation to my stomach, but I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that. The suspension stuff is what they prescribe for ulcers anyway so hopefully I'm on my way to being healed. The ulcer would explain why I thought I was going to die when I had some chocolate today.

I have to take pictures of my three newest charms, from cousin Amy, cousin Kathy, and cousin Susan (not a new one, but I just realized I can add it to the bracelet!). I'll put them up here later on.

So again, chemo starts Tuesday NOT Friday. I've got the weekend free again. Yay! :)

2 comment(s):

I'm so happy to hear that you finally got the biopsy results and that it came back negative. It must have felt like time was suspended while you wait. Good to hear the meds are doing their thing and finally providing some relief.

Now, on to next week's treatments. We'll all be thinking of you, as always.

Kath

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/06/2005 8:07 AM  

See ya' cancer!!! I'm glad you told it where to go and that you don't want it back.

Now, you can focus all your energy on the fact that TomKat are having a baby...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/06/2005 9:09 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home