jenny's belly

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Better Days Ahead

I had a bad day today, but accept that it can happen from time to time. It's 5:36 and I'm still wearing my jammies. I think I may have lost 5 pounds, just since noon.

And its times like this I can't imagine what it will be like to add chemo. I took a nap and reflux woke me up. I have to take that suspension crap a bit more than every 6 hours. It's about the 5th hour my reflux says "remember me?" But then I had some pretzels for lunch. I think the salt makes things worse.

I haven't been out of bed much today, but I hope to take a day trip with my mom tomorrow to the Yankee Candle flagship store. To anyone who hasn't been there it's really not a day trip to look at candles. The building includes a home and gourmet store, a christmas store, 2 restaurants and a cafe... Anyway, it's something my mom and I have done every year for quite a long time. It's our kick-off for the upcoming holidays. I hope to feel well enough to go! :)

2 comment(s):

Hi Jennifer
Hang in there kiddo. . . there will be better days. If you and your mom head up to Yankee Candle tomorrow or another day send me an email. I'll try to call to hook up with you. It's an hour north of my house. Hey it would be worth taking the day off
linda cleary
ljcno3@gmail.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/06/2005 5:51 PM  

Jen,

Sorry to hear that the day went worse than usual. It must be hard to keep your positive attitude on days like that and you should baby yourself once in a while and stay in your jammies.

As to the Yankee Candle store ---gotta love it! Barb and I went there often when she was at UMass and we never did seem to have the endurance to make it through the whole place in one shot. I have firends form MI and NY that are considering a weekend in Boston, but only if we do a day trip to Yankee Candle....

Hope you're feeling better today
Kath

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/07/2005 8:34 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home