jenny's belly

Friday, November 18, 2005

Ugh

I'm a week into the deal, I've got 4 weeks to go, and I'm starting to get sick. I've been getting a morning sickness type of thing where (before today) I'd just throw up after I woke up from a nap or whatever. Now I toss whatever I eat. Bleech.

Chemo sucks.

I actually read my chemo bag and I've been getting 14 ml of chemo per day. That is not much at all, but it's starting to add up. I STILL don't feel as sick as I did with the five day push, but I'm starting to feel crappy.

And damn, do I wish the days were going by faster.

4 comment(s):

Jen, sorry your feeling crappy. I don't know you except from what I read on the blog...but just from that I can tell you that you are one of those few people that grow in times of adversity. I hate that you are having a rough go of it. Just continue to express yourself through the blog and allow us to support you and encourage you. From what I have read, you have an incredible support system in your immediate community...and the extended community. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Pictures of the ocean or flowers in bloom...I can do that! Someday, when you are feeling better, I'll tell you what you have in common with my three year old...aside from your love for french fries. :-) Take care of you!

By Blogger Lynna Kay, at 11/19/2005 12:35 AM  

Oh sweetheart, having just gone through a tough time with it, now you are and I feel for you... I know it is hard when you are going through it but you WILL get through it, you WILL be yourself again...just a few days...

Minerva

By Blogger Minerva, at 11/19/2005 9:29 PM  

More good wishes and hugs your way Jen. We're always thinking of you. Hey, the blog was down for a few days and I couldn't stand it! What was up with that? I might not always have something to say but I'm here checking in with you. Thanks so much for letting all of us know how you are doing even when you probably don't really feel like it.
Have ya read any good books lately? Or are you sick of reading at this point? I just finished Life of Pi and I'd recommend it. Difficult to get into but worth the wait.
Anyway, keep the chin up. You're doing awesome. We can all tell from your attitude. You're tough whether you feel it or not right now.

Love,

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/19/2005 10:35 PM  

Hi Jen! I, too, am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. One day at a time. I am continuously amazed at your refreshing and seemingly endless sense of humor. Who else could find the "funny" in the chemo pump? You are amazing at this difficult time in your life! We all think of you and pray for you every day. Sending good thoughts your way. . . Love, Kelly B.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/20/2005 10:05 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home