jenny's belly

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Lovely Flowers

I had a bad day yesterday, but I'm always willing to let "today" be a better day. So far so good.

AND, to make things even better, I received a beautiful bouquet from my Wallace cousins. I just have to share even though the picture doesn't quite to it justice... And my Aunt Re-Re sent me a beautiful royal purple hat that she made herself! I wore it all last night.

I found out from the nurse yesterday that radiation and chemo is CUMULATIVE so it's okay that I feel more tired now than I did last week. More sick and tired. It's expected.

Oh and Dan, I met your nurse Lori yesterday. She is so nice! I told her what a huge help you've been to me during this whole crappy episode and it was just a lovely "Dan is great" party. :)

I hope you all have your shopping done! I can't believe it's almost Christmas. My nurse Nina said I might be feeling better by Christmas. I shouldn't hold her to it, but I am. I expect to be able to enjoy a mimosa and cinnamon roll like I do every christmas morning. I'm counting on it!

10 comment(s):

Hi Jen,

I'm really glad you two finally got to meet (and not just because I apparently got some praise along the way - though that ain't bad either :-)

As I've said a hundred times, I don't know how I could have made it through my whole Dana-Farber-Exprience (a good band name, by the way) without her. If you see her again, please tell her I say hi!

Dan

P.S. Nice Flowers! (which would be a good opening band for The Dana-Farber-Experience)....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2005 3:28 PM  

I'm wishing a mimosa and cinnamon roll for you too Jen. It only seems right . . . a small thing to ask for this Christmas.
I think we'll do the same in your honor this Christmas morning . . well, we won't give the kids the mimosas but we'll do the rest.
Hopefully we'll do a long-distance mimosa cheers with you! Ok Jen's body, get ready!

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2005 7:47 PM  

Speaking of good band names, my word verification thing below says "Elwizodt". They can open for the very popular "Dana Farber Experience".

Dan, I emailed you at your super-secret work address when you first mentioned it but haven't heard back, did you ever get my message? I know how to spell your last name so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. :( (Flaaaag)

By Blogger Jen, at 12/20/2005 7:53 PM  

I'm sorry you had a bad day yesterday, but I am glad that "today" can be better. ;-) Your bouquet of flowers is beautiful and I bet it smells GREAT.

Mmmmm. A mimosa and cinnamon roll sound goooooood. :-) *raises her glass* Here is to a wonderful, magical, and perfect Christmas where we all feel perfectly fabulous!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/20/2005 9:03 PM  

Jen -

Enjoy your mimosas - they are most certainly well deserved. As for Dan's super-secret e-mail address, it is...

And I think "Nice Flowers" is more like an album title than a band name.

Merry Christmas!

Janet

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 9:36 AM  

Coincidentally, The Dana Farber Experience just put out a holiday compilation album titled "Nice Flowers"

As for my super secret e-mail address, it's dcorzilius@citistreetonline.com

Now, after you've read the above, destroy your computer!!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:28 AM  

Oh, and I also meant to say that, now that I've said lots of nice (and well deserved) things about Lori to you, and you and she have said nice things about me, it's pretty clear that she and I should get together to say some (again very much deserved) nice things about you! Gotta complete the circle, man!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:31 AM  

Hi my name is Stephanie, I am 35 years old from New Jersey and I was diagnosed July 15, 2005 with appendix cancer (which is very rare). I found your blog and have been reading your story. When you are diagnosed with cancer it helps to have people who know exactly what your going through. I had a major abdominal surgery in september. I spent 30 days in the hospital and had a full hysterectomy, gall bladder removed, spleen removed and part of my colon removed (sounds almost unbelievable)! Now I am following up with my poison aka chemo. I have the wonderful little pump hooked up to me for 46 hours every 2 weeks for 6 months. I think I hate the chemo more than I hated the surgery. I am having a lot of side effects from the chemo, but who ever said chemo was easy right? Well anyway I have a web site with my story, it is www.stephsstory.com I would love to hear from you and maybe we can share chemo stories. Continue to fight the fight and I will continue to pray for you! Take care!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 11:51 AM  

What time are the mimosas served on Sunday? Since I live in the next town, it would be no problem to stop by and clink glasses with you...Ok, I've snapped out of it. When you are pregnant, you get delusional, so I know I can only have the orange juice!! I do hope that you are feeling better by this weekend and I'm sure Santa will be good to you, just make sure you leave out the milk, cookies (I think he likes oatmeal raisin), and carrot sticks (for Rudi and his team). I hope Lisa gets to you safely as well.

Steph - welcome to the blog and I wish you the best this holiday season. I will add you to my prayer list.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/21/2005 12:06 PM  

Jen,
I hope you will feel better by Christmas and can enjoy some good food and drink.

I think of you often.

Merry Christmas!
Willemien

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/22/2005 1:13 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home