jenny's belly

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Hating "The Hartford"

I seem to be having a good day. I haven't thrown up (Yay!) so that automatically makes it good.

I received another beautiful bouquet today from my Aunt Betty and Uncle Dan. A girl can never have too many flowers. :) I will have to take a picture, it's very christmas-y!

I'm actually online to pay my bills. Would you believe The Hartford is still trying to decide if my case should be approved for long term disability? Yeah, I haven't been paid since Halloween. It's like being unemployed with the bonus of being unable to look for work because I'm too busy being sick. They've requested medical files from Dana Farber and Brigham and Womens Hospital to find out if my cancer was a pre-existing condition. You know, like a chronic back-ache?

The BEST part is that who they addressed their requests to... "Dana Farber" and "Brigham and Womens". Like any human being is going to open that letter and send it to the right department so someone else can find my file so someone else can start pulling the appropriate parts of my medical record so someone else can get it back all in a timely manner... let me ask this: Why does The Hartford ask me for every doctor I've ever seen if it isn't going to use that information in its letters?

I hate The Hartford.

My mom is on the case though. She made all kinds of calls and faxed the letters to actual accountable human beings who work with my doctors. It's a creative idea but it just might work. I'm not sure what I'd do without my mom! I can't fight these battles, I just don't have it in me.

3 comment(s):

Thank you Mama Schmidt!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/23/2005 10:14 AM  

Jen -
I can totally relate to the 'just don't have it in me' feeling. It sucks, but don't feel bad about it --it is what it is--.

I have a friend who does LTD claims (not sure if it is at Cigna or The Hartford) I've asked her for some insight into the 'Rigamarole' and hope to speak with her next week. I'm hoping she can help with some pointers.

Hope you enjoy your Christmas. . . if you can't eat, belting out a few rounds of Christmas carols that are too high and take your breath away feels good . . .gloooooooooria in excelsis deo glooooooooooooooria

Merry Christmas . . . or as we've been known to hear in our family "Merry Grimace!"

love to all,
cousin 'linder'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/24/2005 1:25 PM  

How about this one... we got a letter from Aetna (medical insurance) asking us to send them a letter, with a copy of the letter they sent us, with an explanation as to why we felt the hospital care we received was necessary. I was going to write them a short letter stating, "I went into labor prematurely. I had my baby. My baby died. Any questions?". Chris didn't think that was a good idea, and he called Aetna thinking that would clear up the matter. They still insisted on a letter from us. My husband is a saint and took care of it for me. CAN YOU SAY STUPID BUREAUCRATIC INSURANCE COMPANY? Actually, I think "stupid" and "insurance company" are synonyms, and I think the adjective "bureaucratic" is implied when the noun is "insurance company". How's that for a rant?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/28/2005 4:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home