jenny's belly

Monday, January 09, 2006

Vegetation

I'm tired but feeling much better. I had a lovely nap today. I just don't know how I could get through without one. Actually I *can* go a day or two without a nap but then my exhaustion starts to show on my face. You know I have actually been so pale not even my lips have had color. Frankly, it's creepy. And its happened a lot.

I still don't do much around the house. I'm quite a vegetable. A vegetable in pjs. But I just can't do anything of use, or even to entertain myself. I almost did some card-making today and got as far as pulling out some papers that looked nice together... and then I put them away and took a nap.

And this evening I got out my cross-stitch as if I was going to work on it. Not so much.

I have a doctor's appointment on wednesday and I'm going to go into the office for the first time in a looong time. It will be really nice. I've seen the office building from my chemo chair several times. And I know when the time comes I'm going to be all excited to start back at work but about 2:00pm I'll be looking for a place to nap. Paul, can I sleep under my desk?

6 comment(s):

Jen, just the fact that you had the enthusiasum to take your crafts out of hiding is a big step forward so don't discount it.
Take my advice as one who has been out on several sick leaves, start back part time & build up your strength up for full time. You will be exausted for a few days when you go back so don't be too hard on yourself

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/09/2006 8:37 PM  

Hi Jen,

I have something to relay that I found incredibly funny. It's a bit crude, so my apologies to anyone who finds it a bit too much. It made me laugh, though, so I hoped I'd get the same reaction out of you - laughter being the best medicine!

When I read your most recent post, my cursor was sitting above the word "nap" in the first line. I couldn't see the 'n.' What I thought I saw, instead of the 'n' was a 'cr'....
Go back and read the paragraph with a 'cr' in place of the 'n' in nap...
See, it was crude, and pretty darn funny.
Have a wonderful day!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2006 9:05 AM  

Great comment about you going back to work part-time to start. And you must be feeling some better to even talk about it!

And Dan - you are just TOO nuts! (I did go back and read with your 'edits'..funny!!)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2006 10:49 AM  

Great to hear that you are thinking about cross-stitching or card making... A definite sign of improvement! I am sure it will be nice to go back to your office, too. Will you be just visiting or starting back to work? If you are starting back, I third the suggestion to go back part-time (if possible) at first. No need to push yourself too hard and end up exhausted.

Hope all goes well this week Jen! Love, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/10/2006 12:38 PM  

Hi Jen - hope your Dr's appt went well today - and that your stop at the office was good!

love, Becky

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2006 4:19 PM  

Work is definitely a visit. No starting back for me for a few months...

By Blogger Jen, at 1/11/2006 7:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home