jenny's belly

Thursday, January 05, 2006

On the Road Again

I drove today for the first time in weeks. It's strangely liberating. I think it's because I was able to reclaim a bit of independance. It's nice to make my own meals and take care of myself. Frankly it's nice to feel good enough to WANT to do those things for myself.

My hair doesn't hurt as much and my skin isn't as sensitive. The doctors are pleased that I've kept my weight stable for two weeks, and I find I'm actually eating like a normal person again. I had pizza for dinner last night, for example. I've stopped living on jello, as I did during chemo/radiation.

I hope to see some of my friends during this break before chemo starts again Jan 18. Since I'm feeling better and able to drive the only problem is being really tired. If I plan well, even that isn't an issue. So, we'll see... :)

6 comment(s):

Jen, so glad you are doing well. It would be nice to see your car in your old parking spot again ;-)
Happy New Year to you & your family. Janice

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/05/2006 11:43 PM  

Congrats on driving! It does make you feel better when you can finally drive yourself around again. Like you aren't trapt or stuck there anymore. :) I am SO happy that you are doing so well! Makes me want to do a happy dance! *does the Happy Dance*

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/06/2006 12:31 PM  

Dr. Evil...I mean, Dr. Crazy, what would possess you two to do that drive on VFW Parkway? That strip of road makes me NOT want to drive, but is probably your best way to Dana. Glad that Jen is back behind the wheel!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/06/2006 12:36 PM  

Hi Jen! Eating, drinking, driving; so glad to hear that you are doing well! Yeah, off to a great start for 2006!

So, Dr.Crazy didn't do so well cruising around the city? Lis, you are much braver than I am. I HATE to drive and dislike driving in Boston even more. I KNOW it's really no different but I hear VFW Parkway, Storrow Drive and immediately get tense. Poor Matthew serves as my navigator on trips to the Science Museum (I know, I am hardly on Storrow for that!) but I am determined to make him a more confident driver than his mother. At least he has his father's sense of direction. . .

But I digress. . . It sounds like everyone had a good holiday season. I hope you continue to feel well Jen and that you can enjoy your "rest" period!

Love,Kelly B.

P.S. My word verification was kkell today. . .

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/06/2006 12:36 PM  

Reading that has made my day! I am so glad that you are back driving and feeling more like yourself. Great news!
Love, Aunt El

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/07/2006 9:19 PM  

Happy New Year, Jen!!
I know you're glad to put 2005 behind you. 2006 will be much better!!!
Having driven on the VFW Parkway about a "gazillion" times, I told Lisa that driving in Boston "builds character." I don't think she believes me.
You take care and give my best to your family.

Love, Jeanne (aka Dr. Crazy's Mom)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2006 7:50 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home