jenny's belly

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Drugs Rock

I may be full of poison and highly drugged, but I'm feeling pretty good. I had pizza for dinner. Do you believe that?!

I can't believe how normal I feel. I think this is how I'm *supposed* to feel with my type of chemotherapy, which explains why everyone was so shocked when I was really sick.

If you want to know what I think, I'd venture to guess that my body is USED to the 5-FU since I was on it every day for five weeks just a short time ago. And the amount they're giving me, although all at once, is not that different from the amount I'd receive each week.

So I'm still taking a million hard drugs to combat nausea and it seems to be working. I feel just mildly blah and more tired than anything.

It's a miracle! And to celebrate, I'm going to take a shower and not get all worked up at the hair falling out. "Its okay, its okay, its okay..."

3 comment(s):

Jen,

Although still feeling tired and low on energy, I'm glad that it is not as bad as the last time or as you had anticipated it to be. It must be helping that you can continue to eat and, especially, drink. That dehydration bit does a real number on you, so it's good to hear you're winning that battle for now.

Thanks for using some of that energy to keep us up to date. Continue to get rest and baby yourself. We're all thinking of you and praying for you.
Love,
Cousin Kath

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/22/2006 12:21 PM  

Hi Jen! So glad to hear that you are feeling so much better this time around. We continue to think of you and pray for you! Love, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/22/2006 7:55 PM  

Jen
I'm glad it's a little easier to take this time around. Don't worry about the hair. It'll come back in time. (Although I'm curious . . . does the hair on your legs fall off too? It would only seem fair.) . . ok not funny . . . just one of those imponderables . . You continue to amaze me with your spirit.
I'm so glad you were able to enjoy some pizza . . . what a treat it must have been for you!
Keeping you in thought & prayers,
Cousin 'Linder'

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/23/2006 10:46 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home