jenny's belly

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Doing well

I have two days of chemotherapy behind me and I'm doing well. They really loaded me up with anti-nausea medicine, all of which makes me really tired. I've been up from my 4-hour nap for a few minutes but I'm ready to go back down. I was surprised to find out from my oncologist yesterday that my white blood cell count is down. It nearly delayed treatment for a week. But other numbers looked okay and so we went forward. I was pleased, delays are a nuisance.

I'm still eating and (pat self on back) I'm doing a really good job drinking enough each day. I've found that sometimes its worth it to skip a meal if it means I can get a lot to drink. And so I have apple and grape juice, gatorade and decaf tea. So far so good. Its nice to see that I am able to get enough liquids into my body to keep it going. I was doing a terrible job at it for awhile there...

Here's hoping this highly-drugged state will continue to work.

3 comment(s):

Hi Jen, I am so happy to hear that the meds are helping you this time around. Being exhausted is tough but it must beat not being able to keep anything down. Sending more positive wishes for another 3 "good" days; keep getting rest! Thinking of you and your Mom, Love, Kelly

P.S. Lis- I always thought Snuffy's real name was just Mr. Snufflupagus. . .

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/20/2006 6:47 AM  

mmmmm...Gatorade! Glad this round seems to be better. Lots of love, Homer Simpson.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/20/2006 11:21 AM  

I'm glad to hear the good report, even if only sustained by high doses of meds. :)

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/20/2006 6:51 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home