jenny's belly

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Good Day in the City

So The Hartford finally approved my claim. It turns out they agree that my cancer was not a pre-existing condition. Duh. Yeah, I've had it a long time but waited to have it treated so I could pull an insurance scam. GENIOUS!

I immediately put the check in my account. Here's hoping it doesn't bounce.

I had a busy day today. I met with Dr. Stoffel, my wonderful gastroenterologist. She told me to completely stop drinking soda. Even flat soda. D'oh. But I earlier lived on ginger ale for its fine nausea-assisting properties. What am I supposed to do now?

I'm having a bad day with food today in that I feel full but have really eaten nothing. My mom and I had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. If you've never gone, please do yourself the favor. Their menu is the biggest one I've ever seen. I went to my office after lunch and it was great to see familiar smiling faces. I was definitely on an adrenaline rush. HI! GREAT TO SEE YOU! I really do feel pretty good now though, so it was a good time for a visit. And being there, well, I felt quite normal. Like I haven't been gone for 6 months and I should sit down at my desk and get to work. A good feeling. I need that reminder every so often: THERE IS AN END TO CANCER TREATMENT. LIFE WILL RESUME.

So it was a busy day, as I said. I'm sure I'll crash tomorrow, but I'm very glad I was active today. Crash tomorrow, who am I kidding. I'm crashing now. :)

5 comment(s):

Good to see you too! :)

What a pleasant surprise to see you in the office again.... Hurry up and get better so we can harass Paul.

Muhahahaha.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2006 8:21 PM  

Nice to hear you so excited & positive about there being an END to cancer treatment. So glad to hear some of the old Jen coming back...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/12/2006 3:57 PM  

Wow, you sound so upbeat and happy Jen - it is lovely to hear and made me smile!

Minerva

By Blogger Minerva, at 1/12/2006 5:59 PM  

So happy to hear that you had such a good day! I am glad to read that the insurance company finally came through, that you were just visiting work, and that you had such a good day all around! Before you know it, you will hear the alarm go off and you will start singing Lisa's "happy to go to work song" . . .

Hope you had a nice quiet "crash" day yesterday and maybe even another one today. Then you'll be already for another "normal" day. Do something fun and get plenty of rest this weekend! Thinking of you, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/13/2006 6:52 AM  

Glad to hear The Hartford bucked up the $$. . . cash flow problems are a nightmare when you don't have an income when you're not sick . . . never mind when you are dealing with cancer.

Also wanted to pass on to you and your blog readers -- I was reading an article about the Quicken software company (Intuit) and it mentioned that Quicken has added a module for handling medical bills and insurance claims. It supposedly helps you keep track of what's been paid and what you can ignore, etc. Seems an exec at the company had a child with a medical problem that required a lot of care and he was able to convice the co execs that managing medical bills would be a need they could address...

Thinking of you and glad you have been able to get out a little during these balmier days.

cousin linder

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/13/2006 10:11 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home