jenny's belly

Monday, January 30, 2006

Duh...

I can't believe I was more sick the week *after* chemo than while I was getting it. Stupid and bizarre.

Speaking of stupid, here's an entertaining story for you which nicely shows how I'm acting lately...

My mom drove me to the grocery store so I could buy more chicken noodle soup. As I'm walking down the cracker isle I notice that the decaf tea I drink at night before I go to sleep is on sale. I know it's normally $3 and change, and see that the sale is 4 for $10. I have absolutely no idea how much that makes each box. I stand there for a few seconds. Nope. Can't do the math. So I just buy one and move along.

HOW DO PEOPLE WORK WITH CHEMOBRAIN!?

I've been doing a lot of staring into space too. I had to get fluids friday and my eyes hurt too much to close so I just stared at my blanket. I don't mean to, but I make my mom kind of nervous during those times.

I'm losing brain cells, people! I can't afford it, I need all the ones I have! :)

5 comment(s):

Nah. You're not losing brain cells in any meaningful numbers. You're just a little stoned. :-)

Besides, if you did lose any, it stands to reason that it would be the weak ones, right? I think you'll find, when this is over, that the ol' brain'll be running leaner and meaner than ever!

And don't assume that, just 'cause I'm something of a dim wit, it was related to the chemo. I was always a little low on wattage....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/30/2006 12:09 PM  

Hi there.

I somehow wandered onto your blog and wanted to say hello. I wish I had words of wisdom or could say that I know how you feel but I dont. So I will just wish you a good day!

Oh and btw it doesn't take chemo to lose brain cells, I have three kids and have lost more then my share, your share and half of my states share of brain cells thanks to them! :)

Ro
www.coffeenerves.com
ro@pixelmommy.com

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2006 9:44 AM  

Hey Jen -
I agree with Dan - you are just weeding out the weak brain cells. It might just mean that after all this some of those brain cells that were happy remembering all of the words to every Def Leppard song ever recorded, might have to move on to doing some actual work - like simple division at the grocery store - although, even without chemo brain, I would have had to give up on figuring out the cost fo the tea
Anway, hope things are improving and that you are staying hydrated!
love, Beck

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2006 10:50 AM  

Hey Jen! I will third Dan and Becky's sentiment; you are clearly just cleaning out the weaker brain cells. Glad to hear you found a solution for the mouth sores and eating issue; now if you could just find a solution for the loss of brain cells. . . (If you find one, please let us all know. I must agree with "Ro", also being a mother of three. Along with all the great and fun benefits of motherhood comes extensive brain cell loss. . .)

Anyway, here's wishing you better days ahead. Rest, drink, and eat! We are all thinking of you. Love, Kel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/31/2006 5:23 PM  

I can still sing along when "Foolin'" comes on the radio so I guess not *all* the brain cells are gone. Except I can't remember what word you use when describing your K-12 education. Duh. I guess as long as I'm not drooling on myself I'm doing well. :)

Lisa: Dorian, Corinthian, Ionic (except if I saw pictures of the three columns I couldn't pick out which was which...)

By Blogger Jen, at 2/01/2006 7:31 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home