jenny's belly

Friday, February 10, 2006

WBC up

My white blood cell count went from 300 to over 7000 this week. I can leave the house without wearing a mask! I had blood work done today which showed that the shots really did their job.

I'm feeling okay, mostly just really tired. I'm getting ready for my last chemotherapy cycle (crossed fingers) starting on wednesday, which like the previous ones will last for 5 days.

Then they'll start the shots again so my blood counts don't get as low as they did this time. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate getting a shot?

10 comment(s):

Rock on! That's great Jen! Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear that you had a fire. That's awful. Hope you are doing ok.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2006 5:02 PM  

SO glad to hear good news from you. Tell your body to keep up the good work.

Jenn Crane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/10/2006 7:29 PM  

Great news Jen; so glad to hear that you responded so well to the shots. We'll be thinking of you for next week and hope all goes as planned.

Lisa, so happy to hear that nothing was damaged and that you had firemen in your apartment. (A bonus, yes? Megan always had a thing for firemen, too. . . ) And Becky, its so nice to be able to "chat" with you now, too. Hope all is well with you.

Dan, I loved your story. It made me laugh out loud as well and gave me another consideration before getting a dog. . . Am I really ready for that yet?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy the snow! Love, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/11/2006 8:02 AM  

Lisa just wants you all to know that she was the first of the two of us to deliberately start a fire to get the attention of a fireman and/or policeman. (What I haven't shared with her yet is that my cousin is a fireman.)

In fact, I didn't see anything of this so-called apartment fire on the national news, how do I even know it happened?

By Blogger Jen, at 2/11/2006 11:11 AM  

Congrats! That's the best news I have heard in a while. :)

I also hate getting shots and I remember those awful belly shots. *shivers* Just remember, only one more lap to go! :)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/12/2006 12:55 AM  

Hi Jen (et al.) Let's see...

- Glad to see my story was enjoyed.

- Much, much more glad to see your treatment is likely to get started on time!

- Eager to tell Kelly she should go ahead with getting a dog. One of the best decision (prior story notwithstanding) I've ever made.

- A little disturbed that Lisa seems to be implying that she'd like to date a fireman who is also her cousin?!? ...I don't mean to be prissy about this but I'm pretty sure society frowns on such things. After all, what would Uncle Dad think? :-)

- Keeping you (meaning mostly Jen, but what the heck, the rest of you, too) in my thoughts and prayers...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 9:57 AM  

Jen, glad to hear that your WBC counts are up and that we had the blizzard over the weekend, so it won't interfere with your Wednesday treatment. LAST CYCLE...Yea!! And no cooking chicken in a wok for you...

Lisa, sorry to hear about the apt. fire, but glad you and the kitties are OK.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 10:58 AM  

Hi Jen! Sending good thoughts your way that all goes well on Wednesday! Glad to hear that you've enjoyed the blog as much as the rest of us have lately; it's good to know that it put a smile on your face.

Dan, rest assured, even with your charming dog story, we still plan to get a dog this spring. I am currently talking to the kids' goldfish while they are at school. Fish are nice, I don't meant to offend anyone, but they just aren't the same as a dog!

Hope you all enjoyed the snow; the boys have been skiing down the front lawn. I should really capture it on film. . . Take care, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 11:56 AM  

Hi Jen!
Great news about your WBC count! I'm so glad you won;t have to postpone your LAST treatment! You must be approaching Wednesday with both eager anticipation that the end is near and with some dread - since you already know how much it can suck - but at least you know that once you make it through this last bit of hell, you'll be able to work your way back to a normal life that isn;t focused on living between cancer treatments. I'm sure that it has felt like the longest 8 months of your life but 50 years from now when you've gone on to live a long and healthy life, it will hardly seem like anything at all.

Of course, you realize that we are all enjoying our conversations on your blog so much, that you may have to keep this going long after your healthy again!

And Lisa - just wanted to let you know, I also have a cousin who is a fireman :)

I'll be thinking of you lots this week Jen!! Hang in there!
Love, Becky

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/13/2006 2:32 PM  

Great to hear the encouraging news! I can't wait to you are feeling 100% better and have beat this thing. I'll be routing for you during chemo and throughout. Sorry my comments have been so infrequent lately - I'm sure you know that I've had a lot on my own mind lately. Thanks for the beautiful card you sent recently. I can't believe you're still making such lovely cards! I need to find a hobby. I stayed home from work a few days last week - not a vacation, but I needed some minor surgery - and actually got enough energy to pull myself off the couch, get myself out of my funk for a few hours and made some Valentine's Day cookies. They look and taste great, but the batter was tough to work with (too wet). I think next time I'll use my classic sugar cookie recipe (I think it's posted on Regulated Recipes) and use the lemon glaze from the recipe I just tried. Anyways, Happy Valentine's Day!

P.S. The word verification today is kind of funny. Looks like it's one of those license plates where somebody tried to phonetically spell out "Freak are lovin'". Maybe it's just me... We came up to one of those license plates recently "IMN2JCRU" --- my interpretation was "That's so stupid! Why would anyone want to advertise "I'm into J. Crew. Are you?".... needless to say, down here in the bible belt, that's not what "JC" stands for.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/14/2006 8:01 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home