jenny's belly

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

PT and Cruise Part II

I had my second PT appointment today. I'm stronger than last week (the PT repeated the same strength exercises) but my right leg is definitely lousy. The PT points to my operation and the location of my scar. Basically since it's across my whole chest... (confusion)...somehow its impacting my leg-strength. I was working my butt off on one particular machine. I was shaking from exertion (looks like I spelled it wrong) and I came to find out later I was moving 15 pounds. FIFTEEN!!! And with my THIGH, which contains arguably the strongest collection of muscles in the human body. Sure I was fine at the beginning, but after about 30 reps I was ready to quit. As if one can quit physical therapy.

And to further prove I'm weak I could barely carry my EMPTY suitcase from my condo to car and then from car to parents house. Good thing it has wheels. Why the suitcase? Well, mom and I are somehow booked on another cruise after knashing of teeth and cries of "our travel agent should be locked up in a mental hospital". Even if I've learned nothing, I now see its better to do as I've done in the past-- make travel arrangements online.

Anyway, we're now on the Norweigan Cruise Line, on a ship called the "Jewel" which is not quite a year old. We're going to Roatan: Honduras, George Town: Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios: Jamaica, and Great Stirrup Cay: Bahamas. Mom and I just NEED to get away. More importantly, we need things to go our way for a few minutes. My luck HAS to change at some point. I'm getting sick of counting my blessings and starting every sentence with "Well, at least..."

6 comment(s):

hey that's the ship made famous on this week's Apprentice! Looks like a really nice boat and the 'freestyle' cruise sounds a whole lot more relaxing than the standard, structured cruise!

By Blogger BKW, at 3/30/2006 12:35 AM  

Hi Jen! Glad to hear that you all are scheduled on another cruise! Isn't PT fun?!?! I developed a love/hate relationship with it in high school. . .

Hope things continue on a more positive note. We had a fun week of xrays, stitches, orthodontists, dentists, and antibiotics last week so, it HAS to get better. As you have said, thank God for insurance! Thinking of you, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2006 7:59 AM  

Sure PT sucks but just think of the stories of triumph you'll be able to tell next year after your run (and, of course, wine) the Boston Marathon! :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2006 9:31 AM  

....um, and if you're wondering whether, when I wrote "wine", it was a misspelling, um, it's not. That's just the old english word for "win" ...yeah, that's the ticket....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2006 9:34 AM  

Dan- I thought it was just a new tagline: "and of course, wine". In fact, I plan to use it from now on. Flaaag!

Kelly- It sounds like you've had a terrible week! Your luck needs to change too!!! I hope the kiddies are okay :)

By Blogger Jen, at 3/30/2006 10:25 AM  

Enjoy your trip!!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/31/2006 8:59 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home