jenny's belly

Thursday, March 23, 2006

PT tomorrow

I'm excited about my cancer retreat next weekend, but I learned I have to share a room with a complete stranger. Not cool. I'm trying not to let it bother me, but it does. I'm not sleeping well at night, plus I'd already planned instead of bringing my inflatable mattress proper-upper I'd create something out of suitcases and random stuff around the room. Now I'm going to look like a freak building some kind of fort. And I'm waking up at 3:00 every morning and watching TV. I can't do that in a room with a stranger. I'm going to have to lie there and look at the ceiling, or haunt the halls of the hotel. GREAT! You know I'm feeling better when I start complaining. :)

I have my first physical therapy session tomorrow and my body knows it somehow. My side is hurting me, which hasn't bothered me in months. As if to say "I'm not doing anything remotely resembling a sit up, so don't even ask." I'm looking forward to it, though. I think it will help make me feel better in the long run.

The cruise ship my mom and I are going on in 2 weeks had a fire this morning and someone died. Sad story, but my first thought is I wonder if that impacts our cruise at all. I mean, obviously some kind of investigation will have to take place, then room reconstruction. What are the odds it would be the same boat?

I thought I'd end by quoting my favorite sign. There are Kiducation goodwill boxes around town for clothing donations, etc. The motto is "We turn used clothing into new kids through education." I find a hundred things wrong with that sentence, but I just love it. They make clothes into children. Or fabricate children out of clothes. And not with black magic, but with learning and understanding. I love this country. :)

1 comment(s):

Does PT equal massage? If so, I'd be all for it!

I think the retreat could be a fun experience. When I had to go to a week long seminar at Northwestern I was SO not looking forward to staying in the dorms and sharing a bathroom with strangers. I had books and magazines packed thinking I was going to stay in my little cell at night after class. Far from it! Best experience and we ended up sharing a suite again the following year -- we have even traveled together for long weekends twice. Now, granted it could still stink for you, but the odds are also in the mix that you could really like this roommate when you are BOTH awake at 3 a.m. Who could resist your bright cheery face in the very early hours! You could make an activity out of your fort building or she may have a softer suitcase than yours......Have fun!

btw, I agree with Lisa to call about the cruise. I'm sure they'll have other arrangements made, but it's worth the call to make sure the cabin type is right, etc.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2006 9:12 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home