jenny's belly

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sleepy Again

I was completely exhausted last week. I did almost nothing and managed to go to the gym only once. I was discouraged until my friend Ellen at the cross stitch store told me that the chemo is still in my body and will occasionally do weird things to me. I didn't realize it could still affect me, but apparently so. I was in a class with her tuesday evening and was holding the cloth a few inches from my face, "I'm going blind, why can't I see this?" Again, she told me it was the chemo. I hate to use it as an excuse, but it makes things make sense. Without the chemo factor, there's no reason for me to have a three-day period when I can't seem to stay awake for more than a few hours at a time.
I mean, one day I woke up at 9 and was back in bed by 10. Really.

I took a nap today too. I can't break myself of them for very long. A day or two and I start crashing at 2:00. I was doing errands this morning and started just counting down the minutes to when I'd be home and could lie down. Once back to work I have to make sure I don't crash THERE because it takes over an hour to get home via walking, train and car.

My beloved Aunt Betty died of lung cancer last week. Its been so hard on her family. She was a wonderful lady and nothing but kind and considerate of me, sending me little gifts even as she herself was getting sick. While my parents were visiting her in the hospital, she kept telling them how great *I* am and how unfair it is that I should have cancer at my young age. I was terrified that she would go through chemotherapy and though I'm incredibly sad she is gone, I'm relieved she was spared the poison. Its just overwhelming.

2 comment(s):

Ditto to Lisa's wise and comforting words. I, too, am sorry for your family's loss and I also hope that you continue to move ahead while taking time out to rest. Thinking of you, Kelly

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/18/2006 11:26 AM  

Dear Jen--
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of you Aunt Betty.
Your family has been through so much in this past year!!! It is time for something really good to happen!!!
You take care,
Jeanne
(aka Dr. Crazy's Mom)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/21/2006 4:21 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home