jenny's belly

Monday, July 17, 2006

first full day

I had my first full day today. I didn't take a lunch hour and left at 3:45, so it was not really a full day. I bailed because I was a little tired and I honestly have NO IDEA how I'm going to work 9-5 later in the week.
In fact, I'm tired now so this is going to be super-short. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your amazing support which continues to this day. I imagined once I was back to work it would all fall away, but you--my friends and family--continue to support me (and they're being really amazing at work, letting me call the shots on my schedule).
So, another full day tomorrow... probably another 3:45 departure. Maybe I should feel guilty (and I do a little) but not as much as I should.
And FYI I'm still living with the parents, but I just had my kitchen renovated last week so my kitchen stuff is in my living room and besides, the condo hasn't been cleaned in a year. These things take time...

4 comment(s):

Yea!!! Not taking lunch and working to 3:45 p.m. IS a full day...just pace yourself in this heat and still take it easy. When I used to catch the train from South Station in the summer, I always got ice cream for the ride home. If there is an ice cream stand in Back Bay station, make sure to get your ice cream fix for the ride home.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/18/2006 9:26 AM  

Hi Jen,

I'm so glad to read that you are back at work! But please, don't be too hard on yourself! Of course you're going to be tired. It's not just the work itself, it's the commute too that takes a LOT out of you. I would say, stick with the 9 - 1 schedule for a while if your employer allows you to.
Good luck, and take it easy in this heat!
Take care,
Willemien

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/18/2006 6:02 PM  

Amazing Jen! Even more so in all this heat. No wonder you are exhausted. Tuesday was so hot, just walking could make anyone tired! I cannot imagine how spent you must be at the end of the day but you continue to update your blog for your Jen-news junkies. Thank you!! Desiree's idea for an ice cream for the ride home sounds pretty good, too. . . Love, Kel

P.S. Thank you for the book info, too. I will tuck that away until my mom is ready for it. Thanks so much for thinking of my family, Jen and Lisa. I know you both understand how difficult a time like this can be.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2006 6:25 AM  

Glad to see youa re reclaiming your life. Be patient and kind to yourself. It takes time. Months and years from now, the tiredness will be a memory and you will be amazed at how much better you feel. I am sure getting back into a routine is helping you get there that much quicker. Take care of you, first and foremost, and the rest will take care of itself. You are doing so very, very well!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7/24/2006 9:07 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home