jenny's belly

Thursday, June 26, 2008

warm blanket

Oh, there's nothing like a warm blanket when you're sitting in the infusion chair. Its even a little warm in the room, but they ask me if I need anything and I usually ask for a blanket. It makes you feel like a 2 year old its so exciting and comforting at the same time. Sigh. I couldn't even read I was so relaxed. :)

SO--I got the 2nd of eight lovely iron infusions. I was stunned last week when they told me the one I'd had didn't do crap and I'd need 7 more. I never got that much last time, maybe 2 years ago. Holy anemia! Well, I did go to bed at 8:30 last night (I was reading) so I guess maybe I am really tired.

My endocrinologist thinks they'll put me on a regular cycle of iron to keep me from dipping too low. Oh, my vitamin D is up where it should be--the super pill works! Love vitamin D, its been repeatedly proven to be a cancer-fighter. Start taking it! You! Reading this!

Doing well other than being tired 24/7. I actually am happy to be doing to Dana Farber weekly now. I do love that place. There's nowhere else like it, where I KNOW I'll be 100% taken care of, no matter what the issue is. I think some people get the same feeling from religion or their gramma's house.

And then you top of that feeling with a warm blanket... and its a miracle they get me to leave at all. :)

1 comment(s):

Iron infusions, comfy blanket, no work to do but sit there and get your blood all pumped up...how much better does it get than that? :-)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/27/2008 2:35 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home